Use foraged stones to stone walls

OprahWinfrey

Driving through the American countryside, you will often find stone walls on the edge of farms. Many of these walls are shoulder height and have stood for decades, constructed only by stacking the right size rocks together. We should be able to construct walls of stone, which have higher durability than log walls at the cost of much more labor and finding many stones to use in construction.

Stages of construction, similar to how wood frames are transformed into walls or windows, could allow for a half-wall that zombies can vault over, and a full wall which they have to navigate around or destroy. The shoulder height walls could allow players to attack with a spear. There are also other common fences called "split rail" or "snake rail" which do not require nails and are fast to assemble, something to think about for building animal pens.

I like that the different stages of construction would havefer different advantages and levels of security. From essentially a stone fence, all the way up to a full size, unclimbable wall. There is also the potential for constructing windows/viewports in stone walls, similar to those found in ww2 bunkers or castles for archers. I'm sure there's a proper name for these things, I just haven't looked into it.