Multiplayer Game Modes

El Cormano!

Hey...I saw multiplayer come in and my mind BLEW UP with awesome ideas...

These focus more on fun,rather than realism..You know...To suit other people and have another take on the game?

I instantly thought: Hunger games....Like most people probably would. There isn't much to explain here....People get put into fixed or random positions on the map(like....The corners or somewhere in the middle)

Rescue:As i said...It's multiplayer....It's more about having fun,rather surviving(there should be some realism modes for that too) There is a set place on the map to go to. The first player to get there wins the game/round(sound fun?)Probably from one side to the other. Making it a long journey,deciding to go further in? Or stay and scavenge(increase your chances of getting there alive).

Team Rescue:2 teams of 4 or 6 team up to get there as well.EVERY player must get there alive first.

Defend the area:Like No More Room in Hell where you defend the place as long as possble(possible to leave but almost suicide since there could be traps or even more zombies to get past).(you have this half implemented already).

Team Hunger Games/Co-op:2 teams against each other.Elimination?

(I laughed at my thought for this one)Vehicle Race:Like a standard race game,except with zombies and guns....And ramming(DOES THAT NOT SOUND COOL?)

Team Vehicle Race:People sit in the passenger seats and shoot the other car(to nerf the other car..Busted tire?(sounds complicated for the game...Maybe just damage=spd loss(can gain powerups throughout the map)

Vehicle Deathmatch:The same thing except the goal is to destroy the other car.(I swear to god...The badass things in my head are going wild!)

Points!:This game-mode means who ever kills the most zombies in the time limit,wins.

Team points!:This one is obvious.

Sandbox:The usual survive together that should be the only legit game-mode on this list

Vehicle points!?

I WILL STATE VERY CLEARLY that these should not be put in Singleplayer(somehow). These are meant to put a bit more fun over realism. Sure,you could be playing the really cool,atmospheric survival mode. OR,playing the badass shoot each other gansta style(HAHAHAHA. I pissed myself on that!) in a car! AGAIN! I CANNOT STRESS THE IMPORTANCE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IS NOT MEANT TO BE PART OF THE ACTUAL GAME,but rather. Something extra that a lot of people could enjoy..

Thank you for read my first ever post on any forum ever. Have a nice day!

I think most of those ideas would be great for mods but,

Two teams vs..... that my friend would have serious potential to make it in the game. Think about it: One life, competetion for resources, zombies trying to kill you, players trying to kill you, burning down others safe houses, an invisible wall so no one can run into the woods, stealing food from others, leading hordes into other players, just two teams trying to greif the others as much as possible until finally the one lone teams survivor gets trapped in a burning attic...... or whatever.

I would be surprised if a team game doesnt make it into multiplayer.

I agree, though this sounds great for multiplayer mods, it defeats the ascetic of zombioid. You will die, it's inevitable. Putting end goals is counterproductive for the ambiance. I've always said something like survivors vrs. horde would always be a good addition to the game. The horde players would begin as a zombies and with each bite they inflict, the zombies get tougher.

• 2 months later...

Of course it destroys the aesthetic of the game. If you want immersion and hardness..Don't download it. I mean,look at the 'Murica mod,or the ToomanyItems mod. They are meant for fun. If you want to turn away from the 'Idon'tgiveaflyingfrack'. Then maybe try something different. Mods are meant to change gameplay,they are meant for the people who like the idea. If not. It's as simple as that. But there a people who would agree with me a lot on this one,and a lot that would think I'm a douche-bag who has no life and should get off the internet (It's how the internet works).

My suggested mode:  Military Rescue

Two teams of players!

Team Survivors starts in a well-stocked safehouse with a large (but distant) horde converging on them.

Team Military starts on the edge of town (Maybe setting out from a checkpoint on the highway) and is armed to the teeth with weapons.

The goal:  Team Military must reach the Team survivors and extract them to Team Military's starting checkpoint.

The survivor's role is to lead the military team to their (randomized) location while fending off increasing waves of zombies (similar to last stand).

The military's role is to fight/sneak their way to the survivors and then fight their way out to safety.