StormSurge707

May I suggest that you add the task of making a DANGER BAG, usually a duffelbag or backpack consisting of emergency supplies and foods that are strictly reserved for an untimely departure from your safe house.Perfect for those times when zed is outside your door in droves and defending your current safehouse would result in death.

Does that even happen to anyone anymore?(i mean player used to surviving 1month+)

its been a while since i was scared of zombie or had to run away from my safe house

...... spiffo on the other hand freak me out.... their tiny eyes follow me everywhere.

Sadistic director will fix that when it come imho,

I never take chances, better safe than dead :P

An option to fill the bath with water would be good, and the same drinking from the toilet system after the waters gone.

Having the odd water tower about the town would be something to add also.

But get a hell of a lot of wood. Find a location close to a tree line to build your base... With easy reach to food sources tools and other important items you feel you need...

Always remember nothing is 100% ideal a horde will find a way in time to brake in so you do what you can.

Everybody has different ideas of whats ideal etc etc.

Remember a fridge has a limited amount of space. Same as the floor and cupboards.

My location has 4 fridges and a lot of storage space and its one level up with only 2 possible entrance points. Ones barracaded and if a must can trash the stairs with a sledge if needed.

But the fire exit stairs make an ideal lookout and entrannce point. That leads to the carpark and a wide alley i can both secure. With access to grass for planting once its walled off. Ideal for working outside at night.

West point is a great place to settle.

My garden is nearly turned over, a very tiring job that. The fence is set up. Just a matter of second defences. and a look out tower. And 10 rain barrels to build. I plan on a raised platform around the defence walls with access from the main building via a window.

May I suggest that you add the task of making a DANGER BAG, usually a duffelbag or backpack consisting of emergency supplies and foods that are strictly reserved for an untimely departure from your safe house.

Perfect for those times when zed is outside your door in droves and defending your current safehouse would result in death.

Clothing, non perishables, water, a weapon (and firearm if you have a spare) along with some rope, bandages, pills/medical and other items you would want if you had to make a speedy depature. I keep my DANGER BAG in the room I sleep in, in a dresser by my 2nd story window with a sheet rope hanging down.

If zed is 'selling cookies' and you know you don't want any, simply grab your DANGER BAG and head out. Maybe you set it up for quickly establishing another safe house. Maybe you geared it for a few days and nights hoofing it, never really stopping until you are ready to try and return to your besieged safe house.

Play with it, plan it out and you will be happy you took the time to situate yourself a DANGER BAG.

And Good Luck :)

While I see little benefit of this right now in the game due to what imortalz said, it's a great idea I will remember. Just keep it in my bathroom, throw couple bandages in it, a bat, couple of bottles and some tinned food. Ready for the Danger. :P

Maybe I haven't lived long enough yet (just 1-2 weeks usually), but when do these hordes show up?

First thing I do when I pick out a safehouse is clear the area a couple blocks in all directions.

After that, just the lone straggler passes by on occasion.

I ultimately die on loot runs. The house itself is totally safe after day 1. I feel like barricading is more psychological than necessary.

Maybe I haven't lived long enough yet (just 1-2 weeks usually), but when do these hordes show up?

First thing I do when I pick out a safehouse is clear the area a couple blocks in all directions.

After that, just the lone straggler passes by on occasion.

I ultimately die on loot runs. The house itself is totally safe after day 1. I feel like barricading is more psychological than necessary.

Hordes will apply randomly I think. For me, I get hordes outside my house on day 2 or 3 and I haven't made any sound whatsoever.

Also, if you do something noisy, like accidentally trip a house's alarm or even have a gun go off in the distance, zombies will bunch around/near that noise and eventually form a horde.