StormSurge707

Hi everyone!

I am 3 days into my PZ world c:. I have lots of supplies, and I plan to scavenge a warehouse soon!

So I was wondering what I do when I got to this stage.

I have a fridge full of food, and a kitchen draw full of useful tools.

I've never really gotten this far before, I just usually get killed by a horde :P.

So yeah, what do I do now?

(P.s. The electricity and water is still on and there are little to no zombies around my safe house)

Thanks!

-Only eat ur perishable food and gather all the no-perishable you can get.

-make rain barrel

-Gather enough ammo to be able to kill 1-2 horde without trouble.

-level ur carpentry to 5.

- design a neat safe house layout. ( remember u can build wall but u can also destroy wall and furniture with sledgehammer)

when all of this is done, have fun, reshape the city, build maze for zombie w/e you want :)

as for gardening,  you should gather the seed  but id wait to start a garden  until the perisble food is gone, then u eat from your garden and ur HUGE reserve of no-perishable  serve just as an emergency,

-Only eat ur perishable food and gather all the no-perishable you can get.

-make rain barrel

-Gather enough ammo to be able to kill 1-2 horde without trouble.

-level ur carpentry to 5.

- design a neat safe house layout. ( remember u can build wall but u can also destroy wall and furniture with sledgehammer)

when all of this is done, have fun, reshape the city, build maze for zombie w/e you want :)

as for gardening,  you should gather the seed  but id wait to start a garden  until the perisble food is gone, then u eat from your garden and ur HUGE reserve of no-perishable  serve just as an emergency,

Wow!

Thanks a bunch!

Have a fancy guy:

(tophat)

I agree with imortalz. Collecting as much food as you can etc. What i like to add:

Take every item you can find which can hold water (example: bowls, buckets, kettles) and fill them up with water. Because its randomly decided when power and water shuts down, having some water in stock will give you some extra time to set up water barrels in case water shuts down before you are able to make the barrels itself.

I agree with imortalz. Collecting as much food as you can etc. What i like to add:

Take every item you can find which can hold water (example: bowls, buckets, kettles) and fill them up with water. Because its randomly decided when power and water shuts down, having some water in stock will give you some extra time to set up water barrels in case water shuts down before you are able to make the barrels itself.

Yeah, I have already done that c:

Unfortunately though, the world I was speaking of is now gone :(

Damn crawlers.

Damn crawlers.

Why is it gone?

If it's because your character died, just create another character in the same world and go see if you can find the dead body of your previous char and then you can pick up his gear and start where they left off. Everything you built before in that world will still be there...

Boxes of nails.

Hammer.

Saw.

Door hinges and knobs.

Axe.

Use as on trees collect logs. Loads of them transport them home. (heavy)

Cut logs make planks using saw. Stock pile them.

Find a building and use axe on doors. Collect hinges and knobs.

Use this lot to build walls and barricade windows useless doors u dont use. If your upstairs dont barricade the windows this level.

Build crates for extra storage.

Build wall around property.

Secure your home.

If you have space build barricades inside too. Ie warehouse etc. For me i taken the appartments above the shops in west point and clocked through the internal walls and destroyed furniture to open a large place.

Collected sheets for windows for lighting at night. And have 2 upper windows for sheet rope exit points.

Outside a barricade around your main entrance complete with a door.

Then rain barrels needing binbags. But the better barrels are needing higher carpentry.

I would visiting a school or bookshop for books. For example carpentry.

If you manage to get to the warehouse even gun shop then get the shot gun and shells. Saw the barrel off so its lighter to carry and stash them near so you can get at it and escape with it and shells because once they find you blasting your way out may be needed.

Try your hand at cooking making soup its easy. And the soup lasts longer than refridged food.

Stash cans and tins of food for later.

Look out for gardening tools and large rucksacks, use a spare rucksack with an emergancy escape kit in it. First aid items a tent kit. Canned food with opener and water plus valuable other items you might need so if you wake up and find your home is burning or a zombie is nibbling on a toe then you can grab the bag and shot gun and escape.

Dont leave your oven on :-)

Tip. Dont use sledgehammer as a weapon but use it to knock down a wall to get in to the gun shop at west point.

The highschool north of west point has a library inside.

Keep a towel handy.

Digging the garden makes you tired very fast.

Eat a large meal before bed as if your very very very very tired then you might starve to death in your sleep. A bug i think as it takes 4 weeks to actually starve on average. Its lack of water that would hit first in real life. I hope they fix that at some point.

Also remember chopping wood. Sawing hammering etc makes noise. Noise = zombie attention. So clear zombies around the area of work.

Damn crawlers.

Why is it gone?

If it's because your character died, just create another character in the same world and go see if you can find the dead body of your previous char and then you can pick up his gear and start where they left off. Everything you built before in that world will still be there...

The water went off and so did the electricity, so every time I start a new character, I run out of non perishables before I make it to where I died last.

Boxes of nails.

Hammer.

Saw.

Door hinges and knobs.

Axe.

Use as on trees collect logs. Loads of them transport them home. (heavy)

Cut logs make planks using saw. Stock pile them.

Find a building and use axe on doors. Collect hinges and knobs.

Use this lot to build walls and barricade windows useless doors u dont use. If your upstairs dont barricade the windows this level.

Build crates for extra storage.

Build wall around property.

Secure your home.

If you have space build barricades inside too. Ie warehouse etc. For me i taken the appartments above the shops in west point and clocked through the internal walls and destroyed furniture to open a large place.

Collected sheets for windows for lighting at night. And have 2 upper windows for sheet rope exit points.

Outside a barricade around your main entrance complete with a door.

Then rain barrels needing binbags. But the better barrels are needing higher carpentry.

I would visiting a school or bookshop for books. For example carpentry.

If you manage to get to the warehouse even gun shop then get the shot gun and shells. Saw the barrel off so its lighter to carry and stash them near so you can get at it and escape with it and shells because once they find you blasting your way out may be needed.

Try your hand at cooking making soup its easy. And the soup lasts longer than refridged food.

Stash cans and tins of food for later.

Look out for gardening tools and large rucksacks, use a spare rucksack with an emergancy escape kit in it. First aid items a tent kit. Canned food with opener and water plus valuable other items you might need so if you wake up and find your home is burning or a zombie is nibbling on a toe then you can grab the bag and shot gun and escape.

Dont leave your oven on :-)

Tip. Dont use sledgehammer as a weapon but use it to knock down a wall to get in to the gun shop at west point.

The highschool north of west point has a library inside.

Keep a towel handy.

Digging the garden makes you tired very fast.

Eat a large meal before bed as if your very very very very tired then you might starve to death in your sleep. A bug i think as it takes 4 weeks to actually starve on average. Its lack of water that would hit first in real life. I hope they fix that at some point.

Also remember chopping wood. Sawing hammering etc makes noise. Noise = zombie attention. So clear zombies around the area of work.

Huh, thanks! Lots and lots of tips there!

A farm between both towns has a fresh well. Location i cant remember

If you want fluids then look at cabbage. Oranges fruit. Raid the supermarkets. Soda is good. Plenty of bottles. Get to your old home. Thats if its clear and secure it.

Now if water is off then water barrels is a must.

If you find you cant carry on a map then start again but remember your lessons and prepare accordingly.

Try and remember locations their is a online interactive map about..

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Crafting#RC_2.9

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/

The stats and traits you take does have a reflect on the game. Being strong is a MUST. For carrying.

Bag on back. On in secondary and weapon in primary is my ideal if your strong u gain better carrying in your personal slot.

Damn crawlers.

thats the beauty of the game :) now raise ur sleeves and start a new world.

also a quick tip for crawer,,,, outside u got no excuse to not see them, but Inside ... whhy even go into the bathroom, i swear to god i never even found anything Worth the risk in a bathroom. NEVER loot bathroom :) thats my advice,

Towels.. And sometimes meds..

Off course if someone really want to go in the bathroom to get himself killed , he can always find some reason to get in there.

My point was there is no game changing loot in bathroom Worth  taking the risk to in.

Towels.. And sometimes meds..

Off course if someone really want to go in the bathroom to get himself killed , he can always find some reason to get in there.

My point was there is no game changing loot in bathroom Worth  taking the risk to in.

I agree that the loot in bathrooms is crap compared to the rest of the house. Razors, toothpaste, bleach - all pointless. Bath towels have one only use, and who ever heard of a bath towel that never dries out?!

However, when entering upstairs rooms of two floor houses, who knows what you'll find behind door number 1, or 2, or 3? Not all rooms are bedrooms, and some of those have zombies in too...

I agree that the loot in bathrooms is crap compared to the rest of the house. Razors, toothpaste, bleach - all pointless. Bath towels have one only use, and who ever heard of a bath towel that never dries out?!

However, when entering upstairs rooms of two floor houses, who knows what you'll find behind door number 1, or 2, or 3? Not all rooms are bedrooms, and some of those have zombies in too...

Bleach is really quite useful...

I expect the bath may receive some dev love at some point. Till then, bigger fish ;)

Once you get some food and kitchen stuff the next thing you should do is try to get tools... Go to warehouses and don't forget to search houses along the way. Weapons are good too as a baseball bat will only get you around 80 zombies before it breaks. Big hiking bags are also nice to have but you only need 2. After that all you need to worry about is finding some skill books!!

Skills are ridiculously hard to level up from level 3 and up

Too early to worry about water yet as well. Just keep whatever bottles you find. Water cuts off after about a month. Electricity after about 2 weeks. Keep every garbage bag you can find. They are mega important for rain collector barrels and after the devs fully implement seasons plenty of rain barrels will be needed for summer

May I suggest that you add the task of making a DANGER BAG, usually a duffelbag or backpack consisting of emergency supplies and foods that are strictly reserved for an untimely departure from your safe house.

Perfect for those times when zed is outside your door in droves and defending your current safehouse would result in death.

Clothing, non perishables, water, a weapon (and firearm if you have a spare) along with some rope, bandages, pills/medical and other items you would want if you had to make a speedy depature. I keep my DANGER BAG in the room I sleep in, in a dresser by my 2nd story window with a sheet rope hanging down.

If zed is 'selling cookies' and you know you don't want any, simply grab your DANGER BAG and head out. Maybe you set it up for quickly establishing another safe house. Maybe you geared it for a few days and nights hoofing it, never really stopping until you are ready to try and return to your besieged safe house.

Play with it, plan it out and you will be happy you took the time to situate yourself a DANGER BAG.

And Good Luck :)

Restart. Make it harder. Add your own rules to make it harder still.

More zombies, high attributes. Elec/water cutoff immediately. Make a rule to not start farming until after month 1. No looting zombie corpses. Only carpentry is making barricades. No walls, no forts, just you and the zombies.

You won't run out of things to do by day 3...

Also you can go through gamefiles and reduce spawns for things to draw out the initial game phase.

May I suggest that you add the task of making a DANGER BAG, usually a duffelbag or backpack consisting of emergency supplies and foods that are strictly reserved for an untimely departure from your safe house.

Perfect for those times when zed is outside your door in droves and defending your current safehouse would result in death.

Does that even happen to anyone anymore?(i mean player used to surviving 1month+)

its been a while since i was scared of zombie or had to run away from my safe house

...... spiffo on the other hand freak me out.... their tiny eyes follow me everywhere.

Sadistic director will fix that when it come imho,