Sheet Rope does not work!

Deseoso

Question

I am using the Steam version of the game. I have to assume it is the latest build because it updated itself yesterday when I turned on Steam. I also right clicked on Project Zomboid in my Steam library and clicked validate local files. It came back fine, no files missing.

I played the game and no matter what I do the sheet rope does not work. I have a sheet rope in my inventory as well as a hammer and nails. I tried to attach it with the hammer in primary and the sheet rope in secondary as well as vice versa. I tried with just the sheet rope in primary, just the hammer in primary. I've tried different facing windows. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

Please help someone because this is a make or break thing for me. I get really angry when I pay for games that have features that don't work and I don't like getting angry so I will try and figure it out a while longer and if unsuccessful then I will give up all together and delete the game from my computer. I don't like unnecessary stress and reading all these posts from people saying it does work when it won't on my machine is just stressing me out!!  

20 answers to this question

American floor system or English? I'm English so I would say there is the ground floor and then you go up to the first floor. I had one sheet rope in my inventory because I'm only one floor above the ground. Is that not correct?

I'm afraid the survival guide is rather vague.

I get really angry when I pay for games that have features that don't work and I don't like getting angry so I will try and figure it out a while longer and if unsuccessful then I will give up all together and delete the game from my computer. I don't like unnecessary stress and reading all these posts from people saying it does work when it won't on my machine is just stressing me out!!

To be blunt, if this is the case buying games that are not finished is something you should stay away from in the future, then.

Any game that is in the Steam Early Access section is bound to make you angry and disappoint you in this case.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but every game in the Early Access section will make you angry.

And playing PZ is bound to make you angry because it is still in development. Things break and stop working.

Leave it alone until it is finished to save yourself from the anger, disappointment and stress.

I am using the Steam version of the game. I have to assume it is the latest build because it updated itself yesterday when I turned on Steam. I also right clicked on Project Zomboid in my Steam library and clicked validate local files. It came back fine, no files missing.

I played the game and no matter what I do the sheet rope does not work. I have a sheet rope in my inventory as well as a hammer and nails. I tried to attach it with the hammer in primary and the sheet rope in secondary as well as vice versa. I tried with just the sheet rope in primary, just the hammer in primary. I've tried different facing windows. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

Please help someone because this is a make or break thing for me. I get really angry when I pay for games that have features that don't work and I don't like getting angry so I will try and figure it out a while longer and if unsuccessful then I will give up all together and delete the game from my computer. I don't like unnecessary stress and reading all these posts from people saying it does work when it won't on my machine is just stressing me out!!  

I had problems getting sheet ropes attached to windows, I also tried different windows and directions etc... keep trying, that is all I can say. Things can be buggy but a sheetrope is really no thing to get angry about... Try it some more, you'll find the sweetspot eventually and then you'll have a safeway in and out of your safehouse

Well I've just tried every upstairs window in the house I'm in. It didn't work. Then I went and tried the two houses next to me. It still didn't work. Then I gave up and decided to do something else and I discovered that I cannot climb either. I tried to get into the big urban warehouse nearby but I cannot get over the fence because the "E" key doesn't do anything. This doesn't make any sense. How can something that works for most people not work on my machine. It's a bloody gaming PC for Christ sake.

I think you may be right about staying away fro new startups. I have wasted money on 4 of them. I guess I should count myself lucky that this one even turns on. I was stupid enough to pay for, "The Dead Linger". Another zombie Alpha game. That one crashes every time I try and start it but developers don't care once they have your money. I think I will develop a game. I don't need to actually make a game, just charge people for one. It is a licence to steal money from people. 

Well I've just tried every upstairs window in the house I'm in. It didn't work. Then I went and tried the two houses next to me. It still didn't work. Then I gave up and decided to do something else and I discovered that I cannot climb either. I tried to get into the big urban warehouse nearby but I cannot get over the fence because the "E" key doesn't do anything. This doesn't make any sense. How can something that works for most people not work on my machine. It's a bloody gaming PC for Christ sake.

I think you may be right about staying away fro new startups. I have wasted money on 4 of them. I guess I should count myself lucky that this one even turns on. I was stupid enough to pay for, "The Dead Linger". Another zombie Alpha game. That one crashes every time I try and start it but developers don't care once they have your money. I think I will develop a game. I don't need to actually make a game, just charge people for one. It is a licence to steal money from people. 

Please tell us if you're using any mods.

Sounds like someone didn't read through the survival guide. Also you didn't answer my question from above. 

I tried to help, but to be honest I have better things to do, than listening to your rants. If you don't want to be helped why come here in the first place?

No mods. I am not using any.

What does the survival guide have anything to do with anything? Actually I read the entire survival guide. It doesn't offer any better suggestions on how to use the sheet rope then the advice that has already been given here. Advice, I might add, that isn't working regardless of how many times I try it.

The survival guide is where I learned that you can climb over things. That is why it annoys me that I discover that it also doesn't work.

Okay, so I figured out the climbing. I didn't notice that there are two different heights of fences. As for the sheet rope. Still can't get it to work. I have just found some rope so I am hoping that may work. If I could get the sheet rope to work then I'd be happy. I don't mind the other little bugs.

You really are not motivating people to help you. calm down man. Nobody steals money, and the only one doing something wrong here is you: who buys a game still in development while not-working games make him angry?

Can you make a video of you trying? Is everything in your primary inventory and not in bags? Have you tried with just the hammer equiped and the rest in the inventory.

Do understand that this problem (and others) could occur in the future as well, and might even screw up your entire game.

I have tried with the hammer in primary and everything else just in my main inventory. I have tried with the sheet rope in primary, the sheet rope in primary and the hammer in secondary, the hammer in primary and the sheet rope in secondary. I've right clicked on the window, the window frame, below the window, above the window. I've tried with the window open, closed, with a curtain, without a curtain. I have no idea what else to try. Hell, I'd get my character to tap dance first if I thought it would help.

As for buying games in development, I fully understand there will be glitches, bugs, crashes sometimes. I'm okay with that. But you have to get a game at least to a certain point before you can charge for it. Project Zomboid is at that point, no disputing that. I have another game though, that I paid a lot of money for and it won't even load. I am well within the minimum requirements. I have spent 3 weeks researching the problem with the developers and still it won't run. So I asked for my money back and they said no. How is that not stealing?

That would be like me selling you a car and then explaining that I have not yet designed the motor for the car yet. "Oh, I'm sorry sir. You wanted a car that you can drive? Don't worry, one day I'll get around to designing a motor for the car but I'll just hang on to your money until then."

That would be like me selling you a car and then explaining that I have not yet designed the motor for the car yet. "Oh, I'm sorry sir. You wanted a car that you can drive? Don't worry, one day I'll get around to designing a motor for the car but I'll just hang on to your money until then."

You buy a game not ready yet, bugs are bound to happen, and guess what: even not being able to play at all. It's not stealing, make those claims the moment they have abandoned the game: their latest update was within a week ago, so the project is far from dead. There are lots of people who DO have fun with the game, so I would not call it stealing. It sucks for you, and it is not really customer friendly to refuse a refund, but it is not stealing. They did develop a game andstill develop said game, so your comments are wrong.

And your comparison is BS. They did not sell you the game and THEN said it is not completed yet. Do your research before you buy, ESPECIALLY when buying pre-alpha. I would never buy a car not yet designed if I need to drive.

Just calm down and next time research more carefully before you buy. And never blame the devs for problems they warned you for in the first place: they made it perfectly clear it is "take it or leave it".

I have another game though, that I paid a lot of money for and it won't even load. I am well within the minimum requirements. I have spent 3 weeks researching the problem with the developers and still it won't run. So I asked for my money back and they said no. How is that not stealing?

Go and complain on their forums and not ours ;)

You need one sheet rope per floor. So if youre on the second floor you need 2  sheet ropes. I can't tell in the video how many youre using. Also I'm pretty sure you were warned extensively that the game is incomplete.

American floor system or English? I'm English so I would say there is the ground floor and then you go up to the first floor. I had one sheet rope in my inventory because I'm only one floor above the ground. Is that not correct?

I'm afraid the survival guide is rather vague.

It's the American floor system, not British where you have ground floor THEN first floor.

I had this same problem until I realised that you need 2 sheet ropes and 1 nail if you are one floor above ground level - the wiki says 1 sheet rope, but that is quite clearly wrong.

Hope this helps! :)