Question about mods

DoctahWong

Question

Hey guys if you are going to install a mod, do you need to copy a specific file as a backup in case anything messes up?, i don't know how modding works in this game so i'm just wondering if you need to make a backup file. :)

Also, First topic and post, yay!

6 answers to this question

Any mod that uses the modloader is fine (you put it into the ...c:\user\[user]\zomboid folder.

Some mods ask you to copy things into your GAME directory, and that may or may not overwrite game files.

No real answer as to what to back-up since different mods change different things.

If things go wrong you can always re-install the game, shouldn't take forever (or just backup the whole game directory for that matter).

Any mod that uses the modloader is fine (you put it into the ...c:\user\[user]\zomboid folder.

Some mods ask you to copy things into your GAME directory, and that may or may not overwrite game files.

No real answer as to what to back-up since different mods change different things.

If things go wrong you can always re-install the game, shouldn't take forever (or just backup the whole game directory for that matter).

Where do i get the modloader, is it integrated in the game? (I'm still a newbie in this whole mod thing)

And by game directory, you mean copy the whole folder from the c:\user?, what about the Steam folder?

If a mod asks you to install stuff directly into the game directory then chances are pretty high that it is outdated and shouldn't be installed in the first place.

The modloader is in the game already.

Read this:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1395-how-to-install-uninstall-mods/

If a mod asks you to install stuff directly into the game directory then chances are pretty high that it is outdated and shouldn't be installed in the first place.

The modloader is in the game already.

Read this:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1395-how-to-install-uninstall-mods/

Oh, i see.

But is it necessary to make a backup for the ProjectZomboid folder?, if so which file, the one in the steamapps folder or the one in the c:/users?

Archived