7 Days to Die?

PlasticandRage

7D2D, $40 for an unfinished game.  DayZ, $35 for an unfinished game that looks to be a PvP frag fest.  They cover up this high price tag with the words Alpha, promise it will get better but have a disclaimer the game could crap out any moment in time.  I put $40 down on Batman: Arkham Origins and received Slade as a bonus character.  It does not crash, it works exactly as advertised and is a dynamic & beautiful game.  If they want me to shell out this kind of cash, they better be delivering more than Alpha content.

I know this is comparing small shops to large outfits, but if you are a small shop you best be able to deliver.  Being small does not give them any more of an excuse than it does for the large outfits.  I think WAY to many people are tossing out their hard currency on what could best be described as snake oil.

I completely agree, I never agree with the "Well you are paying for early access, and the game will be great at point X" if you're making us pay for that much you shouldn't be banking on the future content. I also disagree with "High price tag = invested testers" I also find that to be a load of bollocks.

7D2D, $40 for an unfinished game.  DayZ, $35 for an unfinished game that looks to be a PvP frag fest.  They cover up this high price tag with the words Alpha, promise it will get better but have a disclaimer the game could crap out any moment in time.  I put $40 down on Batman: Arkham Origins and received Slade as a bonus character.  It does not crash, it works exactly as advertised and is a dynamic & beautiful game.  If they want me to shell out this kind of cash, they better be delivering more than Alpha content.

I know this is comparing small shops to large outfits, but if you are a small shop you best be able to deliver.  Being small does not give them any more of an excuse than it does for the large outfits.  I think WAY to many people are tossing out their hard currency on what could best be described as snake oil.

I completely agree, I never agree with the "Well you are paying for early access, and the game will be great at point X" if you're making us pay for that much you shouldn't be banking on the future content. I also disagree with "High price tag = invested testers" I also find that to be a load of bollocks.

Also, who is to say that future content wont cost you MORE cash?  A lot of F2P become F2W based on this more is more mantra.

Archived