Request - spare engine parts

Toshis

One spare engine part repairs 1% of engine. Dismantling good condition engine gave 6 parts, dismantling poor condition engine gave 1 part. Having to destroy 10-20 car engines just to fix one engine feels unfair. Especially when engines can break so easily. Would appreciate if you made it atleast a little better.

edit:

tested it some more, with higher level mechanics engine parts repair more than 1%. Its just low level mechanics that isnt very useful, might be ok with high enough skill.

Level 4 and 5 - 1% repaired;

Level 6 and 7 - 2% repaired;

I assume level 8, 9 and 10 will be even more

Edited by Toshis

I will assume that higher level mechanics gives you more durability out of those parts. If you check the engine, check its quality, that will determine your longevity for that vehicle. I maintain my primary emergency vehicle, but I use multiple beaters with good engine quality to run my trapline, scout, go on supply runs etc.  I do think spare engine parts could come in basic, performance, and heavy duty and they should do more for the vehicle, or to outright have the ability to transfer an engine.  

With this said I wish there was fuel spoilage and bikes. 

After playing with 5 people for 30+ hours, I wholeheartedly agree that the engine durability needs some improvements.

It is too difficult to fully repair engines, because the durability you gain from each part is far too low.

While this would require a non-trivial amount of work, one solution could be to rework the engine as a whole. Have 5 or 6 unique parts that can be repaired with general maintenance items, or they could be salvaged from other vehicles and replaced. 

An easier solution would be to just increase the % repair from each engine part. I feel like 5% durability per part is fair for low level mechanics, and maybe even up to 10% for higher levels. Could also add a magazine to make repairs more efficient?

Visited 3 car repair shops/services and on average they had 4 spare engine parts each (all loot tables set to normal). Logically you would think that a good place to repair car engine would be visiting mentioned places, but really they have almost nothing to offer.