Sandbox Tomfoolery

Papa Juliet Whiskey

I was kinda curious just how many zombies there were in game, town by town, when set to insane population, peaking at day 2.

I could do some counting, and then some math and whatnot, but I was bored, and figured hey, what better way to count them than by killing them one at a time, with guns.

So I fired up the cheat menu mod, got m1911, unlimited ammo, unlimited weapon durability, with the occasional ghost mode whenever I got surrounded by 100s and permastun locked. I also removed the delay between shots, because who has the time, right?

I set all their hearing to max, so I wouldn't have to chase as many down later, set their memory to max, and their max hearing follow distance to 200. I started at the cabin by the lake in the west of West Point. 

Killed 20 at the first 3 houses, then wandered across the field to the east before finding the next bundle.

Killed about 700, then all was quiet. Went back to the first houses for TV and reading.

Next day, I started shooting at the smallest house to the north east, and worked my way westward.

Then spend 3 or 4 ingame days of nonstop shooting. I was eventually pushed back to the big field. Got about 10000 kills during the nonstop turkeyshoot, had fps drop to about 10, and had a lot of invisible,blacked zombies because the amount onscreen. Maybe it was their hearing distance, but they never let up, and they just kept coming.

The game crapped out before I crossed the 9500 mark.

Given my estimation of what happened over that short time, that Kentucky must have a population of several million undead... 

And to think, I was looking forward to killing my way to Louiseville.

My PC specs killed that dream, I think...

Share you goofy hijinks in sandbox mode in this thread.

Archived