Problem with 360 Controller

Sick Sad World

Question

Hey all!  First time on the forums, just got this game.  It's been a lot of fun!  A lot of deaths... but a lot of fun!  It's what I've been looking for in a zombie game.

I am currently having a dubious problem with the Wireless 360 Controller (official XBox).  Sometimes it registers, sometimes it doesn't.  I used Xpadder for this on the Demo, and it wasn't a problem.  Now, though, it's really wonky.  I don't have any options in my Options for Controller Controls (say that five times fast :)).  So, I alt+tab to Desktop and activate Xpadder.  That somehow awakens the game to respond to my Controller, and then I have the games 360 controls, and my Xpadder 360 controls.  When I turn off Xpadder, I can use my controller, but she only faces directions and opens up her inventory, smashes windows, opens doors- I just can't get her to sprint, sneak, attack, etc.  I'm not sure if maybe I haven't updated to the latest build yet (I'm not sure how I couldn't have) or what's going on. 

I saw the thread on here about how to use controllers with the game, but it was more "how to connect it to your PC" than it was how to apply it to the game.  I've had this puppy connected for sometime, so it's not connectivity issues...

I was hoping someone could give me some insight into the problem! Thanks in advance for the replies, and happy to be here!  This looks like a sweet lil' community!

3 answers to this question

Archived