Question: How far can you string barbed wire

American Steel

I have put up small stands, but nothing very long.  What is the maximum distance we can string one strand of wire?  When I look at various homes that have it, it looks to be between 4 and 6 spaces.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7658977947818092,0.12251717550902541,144.2901234567902

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8125362953851678,0.1511978709120609,96.64494080128377

Look at doing some touch ups on my fort defenses and this looks like it might fit the bill.... but I have only found 2 strands so far.

i normally only go 4 without a post but that is just to make it look good. I haven't ran into a max amount without a post. but the most i have ever found was 12.

Thanks.  It seems WP is thin on construction supplies.  I had about 8 sets of wire stashed away in an earlier game, but my plans were cut short by zombification :P

I only tried the barbed wire once... it was a while back, but i'm fairly sure that one reel of the wire was consumed when building one tile of barbed fence. 

This was not in current build though so it might have changed. I was a little bit underwhelmed so i didn't try it again. :/

I only tried the barbed wire once... it was a while back, but i'm fairly sure that one reel of the wire was consumed when building one tile of barbed fence. 

This was not in current build though so it might have changed. I was a little bit underwhelmed so i didn't try it again. :/

I am going to use it in the gate house with my current character.  My gatehouse is 1 space wide and 5 spaces long.  I figure I will put it in space 3 or so.  Make Zed play hop scotch :)

I wanted to use it in another location for an alt character... but I have sene how Zed just jumps over it.  Does not really slow them down.

Archived