Beta Build 19 Feedback

Jatta Pake

Question

This weekend I took the plunge and fired up a new game on the Steam Beta Build 19.  Here is my feedback for the developers regarding a range of issues.

Stability

* No performance problems.  Same performance as 14.  I have a dual core 64bit Windows 7 machine that I built in 2009.  Low tier graphics card.

* I run Norton 360 in the background.  It occasionally gives me a pop up notice that my machine is performing a high number of processes for Project Zomboid.  Not a problem but wanted to share.

Bugs

* No crashes.  Played eight hours this weekend.

* Graphic glitch - At times some tiles get blacked out that should be in view.  The result is a black bar across areas that should be grass.  Reload will get rid of glitch.  So will sleeping.  One time I walked my character onto a black tile and the character sprite disappeared.  She reappeared when I moved her off the black tile.  (I suspect this is a known bug but if you need more details I can provide them.)

Balance

* Nails have been plentiful.  I enjoy this change.  Hammers availability seems about the same.

* I have not found an axe, saw, sledgehammer, or trowel in my current game. I think those items rarity balances the game currently but I'd like to see their availability increased as they are necessary for the "building" part of the game.  Perhaps when zombies are enabled to destroy player built structures the building tools should be more available.

* I've found more goodies on zombie bodies. I wouldn't mind seeing this loot upped further given the risk it takes a player to kill and loot a zombie.

Fixing System

* I'm not certain I fully understand this system.  The pop-ups aren't entirely clear as to what I need to fix something.  I have a bat that I need repaired.  I have duct tape, scotch tape, wood glue, and scissors.  When I rightclick on the bat and select repair, I get options that are confusing.  Do I need Carpentry Level 2 and 2 Duct Tape and 2 Wood Glue to repair?  What does it mean when it gives %s to fix things?  Does this mean I can attempt without the full requirements?

Zombies

I'm only eight days in to my current game so I haven't noticed any behavior changes with the zombies.  I haven't seen any classic hordes despite running all around the map on Day 1.  I did see a five zombie conga line pass by my safehouse on Day 4 that was intriguing.  The zombies seemed to be headed for something and they didn't see me.  I hadn't heard any meta game events (gunshots or helicopters) so it was weird.  A good weird.

Hope this report helps.

3 answers to this question

As far as the buggy UI goes, I have a similar issue, if you pause the game and try to zoom in or out, it seems to lose focus of where the player actually is, I have had it actually appear that I am standing in a completely different house than I actually am, looking out the window towards the house that I am actually in.  Rather interesting.

2013-12-11_00001-1.jpg

Archived