Memento items

OxManZomboid

So the details of this could vary prettt widely from what I write here, but the gist of the idea would be to have items that our character finds/starts with that have meaning to the character over a course of time.

these items could be things like rings and jewelry that currently don’t have much value. Maybe a photograph 

I’ve seen this sort of this suggested before, but what I didn’t see was the request to tie this into the characters mood.

make it so these items could break/ fall off/ fall out of pockets when sprinting / tripping on the ground.

the next time you look through your inventory your character gets panicked and could even get depressed.

I can imagine a thought bubble or icon showing that you lost or broke that item.

this could be applied to all kinds of items.

ive also seen favorite foods suggested before which i think would be really interesting too.

maybe your character hates vegetables, or is a vegetarian. (Maybe a trait?)

but yeah hopefully this makes sense.

I think zomboid could use a few more motivating mechanics and feel like this could add to players pushing themselves to hold onto/ search for something that they lost or look for items the character wants