Automatic Lights

RedKrypton

It's a very simple suggestion for the time, before to power failure.

Automatic lights, which turn on, when they detect movement.

They would mainly, be used for outer lights and and public place and offices like restrooms and hallways.

So what would it add to the gameplay you might ask?

Not so much of actual gameplay, but atmosphere.

Let's think about you breaking in a house at evening to stay a night. You are on edge you saw some raiders nearby and hope to have escaped them. Suddenly the oights turn on and you fear, they might have spotted you.

Thankfully it was just a rat hushing about.

You are scavenging an office for supplies. You know in the bathroom may be a medkit in there. You open the door it's dark when suddenly the lights turn on and expose that 5 zombies are inside just standing looking at you.

You quickly close the door and get the hell out on the office.

Edit:

Also this suggestion can resolve the always on streetlights, which just look strange. A timer so they turn on automaticly at 18:00 and turn off at about 6-8 depending on the season.

It's a very simple suggestion for the time, before to power failure.

Automatic lights, which turn on, when they detect movement.

They would mainly, be used for outer lights and and public place and offices like restrooms and hallways.

So what would it add to the gameplay you might ask?

Not so much of actual gameplay, but atmosphere.

Let's think about you breaking in a house at evening to stay a night. You are on edge you saw some raiders nearby and hope to have escaped them. Suddenly the oights turn on and you fear, they might have spotted you.

Thankfully it was just a rat hushing about.

You are scavenging an office for supplies. You know in the bathroom may be a medkit in there. You open the door it's dark when suddenly the lights turn on and expose that 5 zombies are inside just standing looking at you.

You quickly close the door and get the hell out on the office.

Nice idea, the lighting system might need to be overhauled before they add this as it currently seems to be broken. 

It is a valid idea, especially on near frontdoors or on the wooden area around the front door (damnit I cant think of the word ^^). oh and on backdoors of course... Lots of houses have lights like that in real life.

I think that this might be a good thing to make after the 3d and lighting overhaul.

Automatic sensor lights... Me likey :D

Though, I'm not sure how much zeds are drawn to light sources as is. Even with the curtains open and lights on in the middle of the night, I don't seem to pull anything. Though with all the fiddling the devs have being doing with the code of late, I suppose it's quite a minor thing :P

Automatic sensor lights... Me likey :D

Though, I'm not sure how much zeds are drawn to light sources as is. Even with the curtains open and lights on in the middle of the night, I don't seem to pull anything. Though with all the fiddling the devs have being doing with the code of late, I suppose it's quite a minor thing :P

I don't mean to pull them to the light source. It would make sense.

I mean, for example you are sneaking around the outer wall of a house at night. Suddenly the sensor detects you and the light turns on.

Some zombies see you immidiatly and the other will see you easier later during the fight.