why is everyone playing sandbox?

imortalz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play sandbox for two reasons: the day is to short and to test settings.

The way the inventory management system is set up it takes WAYYYY to long to move stuff around.  It does not take an hour to unpack a hiking bag of groceries.  It also does not take an hour to walk three blocks.  I mean, if you were out of shape, maybe.

We are here to test out the game.  While I can do that to some extent in normal mode, you can tweek them in survival and see how it works.  For instance, in Cognition you can set Zed memory to Open Doors... but it does not work (build just before 21).  I have also set the Zed Smell level to Bloodhound and broken a glass window (by hand) to see if they can sense me.  I was within 4 spaces of one and bleeding like a stuck pig... nothing.  I have then engaged one, ran around a corner and into another building, bleeding all the way.  Zed still could not find me.  That is in build 21.

The next game I play, I think will be a infection like 28 Days or Zombieland.  Ones that can sprint.  However, I leave the loot level on all my games at rare.  Anything else just make it to darn easy.

2 thing.

1-first a question, if u play long day, when you go to sleep to you skip to morning or do u wake up in the middle of the night?

and you said

2-``We are here to test out the game.``.

Maybe you are but i am not , i paid for the alpha, hence i did my part, ill gladly point bug i find but i am not a beta(alpha) tester..... I heard those are scary, got buggy eyes, and live in dark appartement :)

3- i lied when i said there was 2 thing i wanted to say

4-Did you try to mess with the memory of the zombie, ive always found the impact from normal to long memory to be hard to see.

I play sandbox for two reasons: the day is to short and to test settings.

The way the inventory management system is set up it takes WAYYYY to long to move stuff around.  It does not take an hour to unpack a hiking bag of groceries.  It also does not take an hour to walk three blocks.  I mean, if you were out of shape, maybe.

We are here to test out the game.  While I can do that to some extent in normal mode, you can tweek them in survival and see how it works.  For instance, in Cognition you can set Zed memory to Open Doors... but it does not work (build just before 21).  I have also set the Zed Smell level to Bloodhound and broken a glass window (by hand) to see if they can sense me.  I was within 4 spaces of one and bleeding like a stuck pig... nothing.  I have then engaged one, ran around a corner and into another building, bleeding all the way.  Zed still could not find me.  That is in build 21.

The next game I play, I think will be a infection like 28 Days or Zombieland.  Ones that can sprint.  However, I leave the loot level on all my games at rare.  Anything else just make it to darn easy.

2 thing.

1-first a question, if u play long day, when you go to sleep to you skip to morning or do u wake up in the middle of the night?

and you said

2-``We are here to test out the game.``.

Maybe you are but i am not , i paid for the alpha, hence i did my part, ill gladly point bug i find but i am not a beta(alpha) tester..... I heard those are scary, got buggy eyes, and live in dark appartement :)

3- i lied when i said there was 2 thing i wanted to say

4-Did you try to mess with the memory of the zombie, ive always found the impact from normal to long memory to be hard to see.

1.  I think how long you sleep depends on when you finally go to sleep after the tired moodle appears.  When I am in the building stages of the game, light is precious.  I need to gather supplies, fortify, till earth, etc.  Most of the time I am going to bed almost or completely exhausted.  If I go to bed at 8 or 9 PM, I usually wake up around 5.

2.  I come from the old school were Alpha and Beta were test people.  Of course, we did not have to pay for Alpha or Beta either.  We received a discount or got to play earlier as a boon.  Maybe a bug tester title or some such to show your history.  Since this is an Early Access Alpha and we had to pay, I guess does not really apply here. 

4. As far as I can tell normal memory to open doors does nothing, pre build 21.