Game crashes

Jair Gustavo

Question

From the 41.19 and with this new 41.20, I'm still having this trouble: when the PZ's menu appears, I go to options and try to change the framerate from 60 (by default) to Uncapped, once I click Apply the game stops and kicks me out of the game.

Besides, if I just try to continue a game, instead of make the steps mentioned above, it does load that game and after a few seconds in which it appears that I will be able play in a normal way, the game freezes and kick me out. Sometimes my laptop doesn't even recover from that freeze and I have to shut it down pressing the switch on/off button. 
If there's something I can do in order to be helped, please let me know it. 
PD: I love the update, great work. ❤️

4 answers to this question

Hmm, from the debug logs it seems like the driver is still somewhat out of date. Try updating your driver from this link:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88193

I can also recommend running the game using the ProjectZomboid32.bat file found in your game folder "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid". It can sometimes fix certain crash errors.

9 hours ago, Beard said:

Hmm, from the debug logs it seems like the driver is still somewhat out of date. Try updating your driver from this link:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88193

I can also recommend running the game using the ProjectZomboid32.bat file found in your game folder "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid". It can sometimes fix certain crash errors.

Oh damn, so I didn't it properly, thank you so much. I will do it. 

Can you go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and upload the "Logs" folder here after the crash? It should contain more information about any crashes that are happening. Can you also tell us about your system specifications?  Graphics card, CPU, RAM, Operating system etc.
It could be the graphics card crashing the game for some reason, having your graphics card drivers up to date is usually a good thing to try first.

On 11/21/2019 at 3:48 AM, Beard said:

Can you go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and upload the "Logs" folder here after the crash? It should contain more information about any crashes that are happening. Can you also tell us about your system specifications?  Graphics card, CPU, RAM, Operating system etc.
It could be the graphics card crashing the game for some reason, having your graphics card drivers up to date is usually a good thing to try first.

First of all, thanks for answer to me.  These archives are from today, after the crash as you said.  Please tell me if those are the right ones.  
About my system specifications:
Graphics card: Intel(R)HD Graphics 520

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz

RAM: 6GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64 bits  Version: 18362.476

About updating the drivers.. I read about it trying to find a solution on my own , so I updated them but it kept happening.

23-11-19_22-24-13_DebugLog.txt 23-11-19_22-24-12_DebugLog.txt

Archived