Help understanding what is causing **minutes** of lag in my hosted game

Darmin404

Question

Hi. Installed the game from GOG less than a week ago. Me and my friend decided that we wanted to learn the game playing together, so i created a server with my vanilla client using the last gog version (39).

The game ran fine until two days ago. We use Zero tier one for connecting because I cannot have a public IP.
After an helycopter event, a good amount of zombies rushed in our house, only for my friend to panic and using an aereosol bomb against the zombies inside our home. So now we are still playing the same game, only with only a car and some supplies. A lot of zombie went burning the base and  some houses around it.
Now, the problems began.

Using the car is the laggiest thing ever. I need to go very slow and to stop every 10 seconds or so or my friend gets teleported in a previous location (the nametag is not visible inside the car and the hovering chat is not there too) and he can "miss" the car If I moved it in the minute before.

Also, what convinced me that the problem cannotbe my internet (I have 14m download 2mb upload) is the chat and the fact that the problems only begin after some time after log-in
chatting is good (we write "ping" "pong" in local chat and check talking together via smartphone) until some minute in game. After that, my friend is laggin  MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES behind in chat and, strangely a lot less in game (only a minute or so, so still a lot).

Those problem are not limited when in car. In fact, we noticed this after the big escape we made from the z in the helycopter event.

Zombie population is set to begin at 0.1 and go 2.0 in 90 days. We are using 2 hours day and are at the 15th day righ now, so the zombie population should not be that high.

For five minutes, we can play "acceptably". In a way that I am convinced I should play with a non ideal adsl, so a little stuttering here and there sometimes and maybe an extra scratch from a zombie. After that... nope.

I've disabled Voip, migrated the save on a dedicated server with 4 GB of ram (but when hosting in the client, I was always using 8 gb of ram in the config), my client does not have "activated" mods when joining or hosting and more or less when playing (I had three people inside the server before the escape, all of them playing acceptably, even if sometimes zombies one hit them)[but thats another problem for another support request, I guess]

I'm playing on a laptop with an I7 5500U, nvidia940m, 12gb ram and a 7200rpm hdd. Java 8 updated. Should note that this laptop can host an heavily modded minecraft server on wich I play with the same friend without (internet) lag or server TPS dip.

So here I am.
Thank for reading. The game is really good, and I would really like to keep playing it :D

3 answers to this question

ok so... Not really a fix. I guess the game runs smoother now, but Cars are still broken as hell.

I mean, most of the time my friend see us stuck at the edge of an unloaded chunk, with a one minute still of chat lag.

Is there a possibility of map corruption? Something that could get fixed wih a soft reset? Or maybe only removing the zombies?
I'm open to solution in this. If maybe I could just mantain items/cars tho...

EDIT: another test, after soft reset. Friend has no too much lag while on car, but my chat (i'm driving) cannot reach him. Nothing at all

Archived