Is it possible to put out a small red barbecue fire?

Spike

Hello fellows surivors,

I just moved into my courtyard one of theses small red barbecue you can find in gardens .

I got some trouble lighting it up before i realised you can"t light it up with twigs or rag but it works with other stuff like sheet of paper.

However, now that my food is cooked, it looks like there is no option to put it out contrary to standard campfire.

Barbecue are handsome because you can't get burn by them and you can see the remaining fuel. I got severly burn last time (almost spread the fire into my base looking for an extinguisher...) and it took forever to heal. So i definitely don't want this to happen again. But if you can't put barbecue out to spare the remaining fuel, it's pretty annoying since you will consume a lot more wood for cooking and have to store your wood nearby.

Don't tell me it's not possible because logic or realism or whatever, you can light on/off campfire which are using the same fuel as barbecue so i don't understand why we can't put them out the same way (or maybe we can but i didn't find how).

So... is it possible? or not? If yes, how? If not, why?

Hope i can find some answers here...

Have a nice day and see you around maybe :-)

Edit: I just tried to take the barbecue back in my inventory and set it up again and, as you can expect, the fire just magically disappeard... along with the remaining wood :-D

15 hours ago, hyperchondriac said:

Charcoal BBQs don't have an off switch, they're basically a portable food-grade fire pit

Ah well so it looks like;

On 7/4/2018 at 9:38 PM, Spike said:

Edit: I just tried to take the barbecue back in my inventory and set it up again and, as you can expect, the fire just magically disappeard... along with the remaining wood :-D

This is the "off switch" haha good find Spike

Archived