Multiplayer Server Problems

badboy100877

Question

So I recently created a sever for Project Zomboid, the server works. My friends can join. When I try to join it says I says I can not connect. Yes I have it port forwarded, yes i have ports for each individual who play on the server.  Can I please have some help? 

I was just going through the server and found this... 

"user 'encored' kicked because Lua/script checksums do not match"

How do I fix this problem

2 answers to this question

Best way of getting rid of this problem: uninstalling PZ, deleting the folder where it was installed and reinstall it again.  Seems like you have some changes to your gamefiles, the server checks them to prevent cheating.

If this still doesn't work and you trust your players you can disable the "DoLuaChecksum" server option.

If your server has local mods installed, you should have the same versions of all files, every byte should match. Check the mods and copy them from the server if needed.

If you use steam workshop mods, make sure your workshop items are up to date.

If you don't use mods, you should revert back all the changes you've done to your installation. You can either do a reinstall, or you can copy 'media/lua' directory from your friend (he has no issues, remember) or the server.

Usually you prevent this kind of issues by not touching anything in Steam library (you have mods for that) and using only verified Steam mods. You can use local mods on server, but in that case noone will be able to join unless you provide them with the actual mods, and you push the updates to clients yourself (this mode gives you greater freedom but requires deeper knowledge and attentiveness).

Archived