High Ping in Co-Op Server

GNDriver

Hello, it's my first try to using this site for troubleshooting, so it can be little awkward.

I played PZ 70+h and i got some serious ping issue in few days ago. I always played the game with some of my friends like 3-5 guys on co-op server, and ping never goes over 40.

But before 3 days ago, my ping goes 300+ and soon i kicked from server by high ping. It was solved by restart my game/laptop and clean the process, but today the problem gets worse. It stucks on 340+ and even goes over 600+ and kicked. I need some help about this.

I already tried some ways to solve it, but didn't work. Like server restart, Reinstall game files, even i shoved LAN cable directly into my laptop, it never works.

please someone help me to get away from this. Thanks.

Ah, then there's been no updates that'd impact its performance -- VCRedist 2015 was added a few days ago, but it's only used by Build 35, on the IWBUMS branch. I can only guess something's changed on your end -- maybe mods? They're automatically installed by Steam, even after a reinstall.

If, for the reinstall, you didn't manually delete the game files in %UserProfile%\Zomboid (be sure to back up the \saves\ directory if there's anything valuable to you) and %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid, some stuff will have been left behind.

It might be worth starting a fresh server by cutting and pasting the Zomboid folder to your desktop, just to make sure it's not an issue with the save itself.

31 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Ah, then there's been no updates that'd impact its performance -- VCRedist 2015 was added a few days ago, but it's only used by Build 35, on the IWBUMS branch. I can only guess something's changed on your end -- maybe mods? They're automatically installed by Steam, even after a reinstall.

If, for the reinstall, you didn't manually delete the game files in %UserProfile%\Zomboid (be sure to back up the \saves\ directory if there's anything valuable to you) and %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid, some stuff will have been left behind.

It might be worth starting a fresh server by cutting and pasting the Zomboid folder to your desktop, just to make sure it's not an issue with the save itself.

I never installed any kind of mods before, but i delete the entire game folder and reinstalled it but not work at all. I don't know why it happens so suddenly :( 

I'll try to open new coop later, and report it soon.

10 minutes ago, GNDriver said:

I never installed any kind of mods before, but i delete the entire game folder and reinstalled it but not work at all. I don't know why it happens so suddenly :( 

I'll try to open new coop later, and report it soon.

Okay i just open new server and the ping goes over +400. i guess i should just wait for newest build.

I'm not sure that'll actually help -- if there's a problem with your connection, on your end, updating the build might not have any effect on ping. After all, the game's not been updated on the public branch for moths now -- nothing's actually changed with the game to suddenly cause this. :/

Where are you seeing the ping? Are you connecting to the server on your own computer via co-op or is it on someone else's computer? Realistically, if you're hosting the server yourself, on  your own computer, the ping should actually be 0. 

18 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I'm not sure that'll actually help -- if there's a problem with your connection, on your end, updating the build might not have any effect on ping. After all, the game's not been updated on the public branch for moths now -- nothing's actually changed with the game to suddenly cause this. :/

Where are you seeing the ping? Are you connecting to the server on your own computer via co-op or is it on someone else's computer? Realistically, if you're hosting the server yourself, on  your own computer, the ping should actually be 0. 

Friend hosts the server, and i connect to server by steam client invite. the ping i seeing is top left of screen, which showes when you already connected on server.