Crafting Nails Mod

Shivster

ty less of a need for it now a days with all the nails in the world but i figured why not :)

yea sry about that i try not to give secrets away like how to make stuff as i like to discover things on my own. But some people do like to be told ill edit my op to help :)

I like the idea behind this mod, but is there any way we can smelt ingots with a campfire (and maybe a frying pan?) out of things like tin cans, busted hammers, knives, and most importantly SILVERWARE!  Lol.  Would be nice to have a use for all those spoons...

also, it seems that i cant download it from pzmods.net, says the file is gone from your dropbox :(

I could do that but i am on vacation atm so when i get back in the states i will look into it.

I am not understanding this mod.  I have it checked (logged off then back on) however none of the recipes appear to be working.  Do I have to light the campfire for it to appear?  I have all the ingredients for ingots and the log mold, however I have no knowledge of how to actually smelt them.

you should just need to right click a item in the recipe and it should come up as a option. What version of pz are you using? What OS? it only works in the most recent version as the mod loader was bugged beforehand. If all else fails just take the Nails.txt file out of the scripts folder and drop it into the script folder in your  pz folder.

I have added Smelting Silverware into the mod due to popular demand :)

I took your advice and added the script to the script folder.  I also didn't notice a new update (been gone for a few days) and I'm not sure which has fixed the problem.  However, I think the update has gotten rid of my screwdriver somehow =/  It's gone.

that sucks man those screwdrivers can be a nightmare to find :( if you wanted to you could add say a Kitchen Knife to that recipe ill show you how :)

Goto your Project Zomboid folder then media and finaly scrips. Then open the Nails.txt file. find the line that says "recipe Make LogMold"

Then add /KitchenKnife after the Screwdriver and save it this should make a much easier tool to find useable.

Here is what it should look like

recipe Make LogMold

{
Log,
Nails,
keep Screwdriver/KitchenKnife,
keep Hammer,
Result:LogMold,
Time:400
}

Its that simple :) modding this game is very easy.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

guys... i just cant get it to work, its installed and all, with the green "check mark" next to it in the inside-game mods tab, but I just dont understand how to make it work inside a game.. i mean i have all the "ingredients" (spoons, forks, butterknife, etc...) as well as a campfirekit, nails, screwdriver, hammer, logs... just everything but I cant figure out what to do next to melt down my items or how to build a logmold, i cant find any option for it anywhere in the game menus.. im using build 29 please help :(  nevermind, i copied pasted the txt file as mentionned somewhere in this forum and got it working.. sorry about that and thanks for the awesome mod!