Being able to carry wounded people.

cool daddy shark

So i have been playing multiplayer with a friend and he broke his leg in a fall and while fixing it since we were in no rush I went to think "what if we were?" how the hell would I get him out since I was not just gonna leave him there. Why cant we have the ability to grab people in a firemans carry? Could we? I know the old Kate and Baldspot had it.

They'd need to rewrite their multiplayer code to handle being carried by another player. Not impossible, but just more difficult to make than carrying non-player items (like Kate).

On the bright side, once he dies you can carry his corpse around!

3 hours ago, King Kitteh said:

They'd need to rewrite their multiplayer code to handle being carried by another player. Not impossible, but just more difficult to make than carrying non-player items (like Kate).

On the bright side, once he dies you can carry his corpse around!

I mean, this game has just been a big " what would you do?" I atleast want the option to carry non player characters here and for them to do the same to me if they like me enough.

Being able to fireman carry a buddy in a moment of crisis strikes me as not only an outstanding solution to the problem of "oh no my leg also encroaching hoards" but also a delightful new problem: "Oh no my leg also encroaching hoards just drop all of the loot we picked up and save me."

I dig it. 

Also I believe it's imperative that the devs look into this sort of thing as it will doubtless pave the first steps into allowing players to ride on the shoulders of zombies whilst directing them about with bits of brains on a fishing line.

8 hours ago, sharkstertheshark said:

I mean, this game has just been a big " what would you do?" I atleast want the option to carry non player characters here and for them to do the same to me if they like me enough.

Oh, I wasn't saying that they'll never add it, just that it likely won't be possible so soon. Might be a possibility when/if they add vehicles, I dunno.