Multiplayer Disconnection Issue

JakeFromStateFarm

Hello, created this account to get some help with an issue with being disconnected on a server about 5-15 minutes in every time.

One line I saw in the log was:

znet: connection closed: reason=2 port=1

I can supply more info by logging into the server and waiting till it kicks me off. I'm just not familiar with what to use to copy the log text to here.

No, its Terminus. A server with hydrocraft and a couple other mods. But thats besides the point.

I can write down here what I've seen so far.

znet: ZNetFriends: :OnPersonaStateChange

znet: Connection closed: reason=2 port=1

RakNetPeerInterface.connectionStateChangedCallBack state=Disconnected message=

Connection Lost

Not really much to suggest there: the connection just timed out for some reason. Perhaps there's an issue with the network between the client and the server, or they're having issues on their end.

Do you know what your ping was before disconnecting? Perhaps it was beyond the server's limit.

Could just be my internet however, its ECOT internet. (Free school wifi, 54.0mps) Pretty sure they bottleneck it however. Ill be graduation in a week and will start paying for real internet. Maybe get a wireI to connect pc with router and see if it helps. Thanks anyways I guess.

So it turns out this is a character related thing. Our server owner lets us use 8 characters per account.

Ive played on an alt and have yet to be kicked off, but when I get onto my main I get disconnected about 10-15 minutes in. Is there any way I can save my main character data and delete everything else in his save folder without throughly deleting him?

It would really suck if I had to delete him completely. He has three level 10 skills.

Edited by JakeFromStateFarm

Kind of surprised this is the case -- the game already has a facility in place that provides a very clear error message as to what the problem is -- max accounts have been reached. There's no need j ust to boot players after 10-15 minutes . . . I'd recommend talking to your server host about this and, no, I won't walk you through what could be considered working around his system.