Any good Walking Dead mods?

Kelefane

The Sandbox option have "Everyone's Infected" option (it's called differently, I forgot the name, but you'll find it) and I remember that the dev of the Prison mod said he'd like to improve upon it and start working on Woodsbury :).

Other than that, there's ORGM weapon mod where you'll sure find some of the favorite weapons from the show and if you are following the recent Walking Dead episodes (or read the comics), you can find Hydrocraft's content useful (*cough*Hilltop*cough*).

It may also be worth mentioning that Redboid server is running both, along with a Prison mod in it, but since the Nutrition/IWBUMS I'm mostly busy playing singleplayer and not the multiplayer :P).

As far as characters goes, you can create whatever you want, but you are limited to what the current trait systems is. Eventually there will hopefully be more visual character details to tweak upon and the NPCs added, so wait until it or just use whatever you think that suits the current TWD characters using the tools there are here :P.

I also believe that the trait presets can be exported to file as in "mod", but i never tried doing it.