Hello, Need some help

WalterBishopj

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the answer to why this is happening (I'm experiencing issues connecting to my own server as well), but I came to tell you that you do Not need two accounts to host and play. I can play on my non-steam server no problemo. Here's to hoping we get some replies from the dev team. It's a little unnerving that this post has been up for 10 days without a reply. :(

This tutorial is for dedicated server on windows.

I'm hosting my gameserver on a linux vps.

And like i said i already got the server working just won't let me connect to it.

The process for installing the dedicated server on either platform is very similar. "The server won't let me connect to it" is a very vague description of the issue you are experiencing - add the symptoms that indicate why you're unable to connect, including any errors output to the game client, the game client's console, and whatever the server console records regarding the connection.

You only need one Steam account to play on your server. You should have installed the game via SteamCMD using the "anonymous" user, as detailed in the server setup guide.