Can't get the server to run on windows server 2012 r2

fredinator

Hi

I'm trying to set up a server for my people on windows server. I downloaded steamcmd and downloaded the dedicated server from there.

When I'm trying to launch it it says

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetDedicatedServer[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetMaxPlayerCount[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetServerName 'Opferhorde PZ Server'[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetMapName 'Muldraugh, KY'[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetGameTags ''[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetKeyValue key='description' value='Opferhorde PZ Server'[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetKeyValue key='version' value='Early Access v. 32.30'[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_SetKeyValue key='open' value='1'[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamWorkshop_n_1Init[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_LogOnAnonymousWaiting for response from Steam servers[ZNetJNI] OnSteamServersConnectFailure Failed to connect to Steam servers[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamUtils_n_1Shutdown..\tier1\fileio.cpp (3997) : Assertion Failed: CFileWriterThread: pending file writer content_log.txt..\tier1\fileio.cpp (3997) : Assertion Failed: CFileWriterThread: pending file writer connection_log_16261.txtthreadtools.cpp (3699) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'CFileWriterThread'

Visual C++ Runtime 2008 and 2010 in 32 and 64 bit are installed

Java 8 Update 60 64bit is installed

Ports 16261 UDP, 16262-16272 TCP for 10 Players, 8766-8767 UDP and TCP, 27015-27030 UDP and TCP for Steam are open.

It just won't work. Does somebody know the reason?

I don't know why it can't connect to steam. Even when the firewall and antivirus are completely disabled it won't work.

Space Engineers works perfectly fine.

Can somebody tell me all the requirements for the server to run properly? I mean most instructions imply that you use a desktop version of windows but I want to know everything that is required since I don't know all the differences between windows server and desktop. What I already did is mentioned in my first post, so what else do I need?

• 2 weeks later...

Well... given that your console reports a connectivity error, I'd say it's worth making doubly-sure you do in fact have a direct internet connection, as a such a thing is exceedingly uncommon these days. Bring up the command prompt: hit Windows Key + R, type "cmd.exe" and hit Enter. On the command line, enter "ipconfig" and hit Enter once more. Look for entries regarding ethernet adapters - usually denoted by Ethernet, LAN, or ethX (where "X" is a number). Look for any that list a Default Gateway address - what are the first two octals (the period-delimited numbers from 0 to 255) of those Default Gateway IPs, as well as the first two octals of IPv4 Addresses associated with those adapters?