Decay

Kelgo

I think these few things should have a better decay features.

1. Food

Food should have multiple decay states, though it does have some now it needs to be fleshed out a bit as things like jarring food has become available.

Example:  Fresh, Normal, Spoiled, Rotten, Compost.

Spoiled could still be used by a mid level cook and rotten by a high level cook but after a while it should become "compost" as in it decayed to the point you can no longer call it food.  Useful for fertilizer.

Food should not be useable forever, just kind of seems....wrong.

2. Corpses

Zombies need to have a decay rate that effects them after they are killed by a player or NPC.  This would add a bit more realism to the game world.  A secondary suggestion is that a rotting zombie corpse attracts animals and breeds disease so that having them around would be dangerous.

3)Structures

Structures need to decay in a more profound way but over a LONG period of time.  Example after 6 months you start seeing windows broken, after a year some doors damaged and contents of the house appear disturbed (cosmetic changes), also a few months to a year you would start finding animals in homes. (Corpses, living, ect)

4)Zombies

Multiple "decay" levels on zombies would add a more diverse feel to the game as it doesn't look like everyone just turned that day. This is purely cosmetic.

5)Burnt Objects.

Have them eventually break down into ash then vegetation grow over them or in the case of burnt bodes, disperse.

I'm pretty sure all of these but the ash one have been confirmed

I think the corpse one was just spreading disease though, animals would be interesting

Structures do start to get worn with the newly installed Erosion feature but as of now you can't find animals in them

Also the zombie thing doesn't have to be purely cosmetic as the zombies actually do weaken with age, so a visual representation would be nice