Cologne is 70% alcohol, why I can't sterilize rags with it?

NeonSelf

There are some strange restrictions in PZ recipes. I can sterilize rags with whisky which has just 40-50% of alcohol in it, but I cant do the same with cologne (>70% alcohol). I'd be glad, if my scratched body smell better, while treating wouds with sterilized rags.

Cologne contains denatured alcohol, meaning they purposely add a toxin so people can't drink it for intoxication. Meaning, it's useless to you to use as disinfectant.

There are some strange restrictions in PZ recipes. I can sterilize rags with whisky which has just 40-50% of alcohol in it, but I cant do the same with cologne (>70% alcohol). I'd be glad, if my scratched body smell better, while treating wouds with sterilized rags.

Cologne contains denatured alcohol, meaning they purposely add a toxin so people can't drink it for intoxication. Meaning, it's useless to you to use as disinfectant.

Yet people already use it/have used it as disinfectant (stupidly). It's ability to kill certain cells and organisms don't go away just because it's toxic towards others. It's not good for you to use for sure but for gimmick sake it should at least still be able to be used as a last-ditch disinfectant.