How do you survive?

sharpshot4321

lol I'm glad I'm not the only one getting my Axe handed to me :P I once could last 8 months easy.

First time I loaded up .32 I made it 3 days with hardly more than a can of beans and a hammer,

I just got killed again after 8 days that's my all time high so far. 

What I've started doing is once I die I load a new character in to the same map my last one died in 

and find the items I managed to ditch before I got dead......

so over the last 3 or 4 deaths I've managed to collect some hammers axes saws nails food water books and all the odds and ends.

It's kinda cheating but its so hard.... and I'm loving it  :twisted: 

How I justify it is I start as my self in the game then once I die I start as my girl friend in the game looking for what happened to me

then she dies and I start the game as a friend looking for what happened to me and my girlfriend.....that friend died after 8 days :P

I, myself, am a fan of the sneaky style and I never leave the town. I have never had much problem on survival mode in urban environment including build 32 because of how easy it is to avoid zombies. If you are an inconspicous graceful burglar (ideally a gymnast too) you can sneak by almost all of the zombies and the few of them that actually spot you and chase you - you can easily either dispatch or outmaneuver. Not much else to say really, except that that build is rather nomad-like than anything else.

But I have to admit, build 32 is the most challenging so far. I made the same burglar with 4.0 population and 4.0 multiplyer with zombies respawning every day. I managed to survive for 28 days before I stopped playing because I (the player) lost hope seeing the insane number of zombies. It was overwhelming and soulcrushing, feeling like the tide would never stop and there was no hope of survival...

I've made it a bit over a month now, with my safe house smack-dab in the heart of WP. My days at home are more or less time-killers, munching on whatever fish I have from my latest fishing trip, and watching the zombies amble around in the streets below.

Leaving my safe house has become harrowing, as has returning. I usually bring a pistol with me, solely to fire a single shot a few blocks away so I can flank my safe house and slip in while the hordes investigate. They seem to gain a few more numbers every time, and I've almost been munched on more and more lately getting to the ropes. Who knows how much longer I'll make it, but I'm willing to bet my canned food supply will outlive me....