Steam version x64 does not work. Windows.

bradaz85

Question

11 answers to this question

As stated in IRC, it's hard to help ya out here.

Many of us don't even have Project Zomboid x64 in their Steam library (!?).

If x32 works for now, please let that be a workaround. I am not aware if the 64 version is even supposed to be there or already working with Steam.

As stated in IRC, it's hard to help ya out here.

Many of us don't even have Project Zomboid x64 in their Steam library (!?).

If x32 works for now, please let that be a workaround. I am not aware if the 64 version is even supposed to be there or already working with Steam.

Fair enough.

There is no 64 bit Steam version, you need to run 32-bit java.

That's the weird thing.

Here's a screenshot of his Steam (he posted it in IRC).

9VwJmMf.jpg

Not sure if he simply added a custom entry to the library somehow or if it's actually from the game. A friend of bradaz85 apparently has the 64 entry in his library, too.

Just to confirm I am also having a problem with the 64bit.

I don't have the extra option in the games list (which I guess is normal), however the game itself will simply not launch through steam. The black bios text/info box pops up and then it quickly loads some things and disappears without launching the game.

Edit: The game will also not launch outside of Steam (from Steam folder), my Java is up to date.

Are you sure you have 32-bit Java installed though? Having 64-bit one installed does not help with Steam.

I did have yes.

I just did a full reinstall of PZ followed by a wipe of all Java files and then reinstalled both. The game now works.

I think some of the old files of previous Java versions may have caused a conflict or such. So make sure you completely remove all of your old java version files.