A few traits

SomeRandomGuy

Long time lurker here, decided to register and start posting when I learned NPCs are coming. The fact that I finally got around to buying the game during the recent sale helped too.

There are several decent traits that are overused and a few bad traits that people almost always pick because they have negligible impact so I've been trying to think of a few that are realistic. After reading that NPCs are coming soon the idea floodgates in my head opened and I figured I might as well list a few of the solid thoughts that filtered through. Not sure how feasible all of these are, but they should be a fun read at least. Not going to suggest point costs.

Stutterer: You have a hard time communicating with others. Zombies don't really care, but other survivors (NPCs) often get frustrated with you. Can negatively impact dealing with NPCs such as bad trades, refusal to cooperate, or turning violent.

Flatulent: Eating pretty much anything gives you gas. Makes it easier for Zombies to detect you by sound and scent, and NPCs will not want you around and may refuse to talk to you until you've gotten it out of your system.

Sadist (maybe Psychopath?): Your mood rises when causing harm to others. Whether it's zombies or those still living, from a distance or up close it doesn't matter, you just enjoy inflicting pain. Normal means of raising mood like reading or eating candy have very little effect.

Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun expert: You are very familiar with one type of firearm but have no experience with others. You gain almost no exp and have a large penalty to accuracy and effective range when using a gun you are not familiar with, but get a bonus to aim time, accuracy, and effective range when using your chosen type.

Thug: You intimidate people to get your way (Ex. "give me that food and I won't break your arm") so most NPCs are afraid of you and will do what you want, but they don't like you and it's very hard to get anyone to work with you or help you when you need it. (maybe unique dialogue options for threats that give a permanent reaction penalty with that NPC?)

Likable: People just feel comfortable around you and are much more likely to give you a break or help you out. (NPC reaction bonus)

Hermit: You keep to yourself and don't much care for the company of other people or the trappings of civilization, you're quite content to live out of a tent or cabin in the wilderness and be self sufficient. Animals have gotten used to your presence and will most likely leave you alone unless provoked but your mood slowly falls when spending time in "civilized" areas and you shun contact with people (very few options with NPCs aside from basic trading, bonus to foraging, fishing, trapping, mood decays when in areas where foraging is disabled.)