Running server but friend cant join

griftauk

My friend demonspawn and I are playing, first on build 29.4 now on 30.3, he had a server up and running and I joined and we played for about 4 hours until mine crashed out then I couldn't rejoin, and ever since we can not get onto a private server between us, followed info throughout the forum and the guide on reddit, followed each step to the letter and opened up ports and demonspawn can join server but I just can not join any more, anyone help please?

As said, if he's not seeing you try to connect in the server's console, something is blocking the connection (either on your computer or his). I'm just not sure what it could be, if you're both able to connect to other public servers. That's just weird.

Make sure you use the IP of the server, found when he googles "ip"

It'd suggest that perhaps you're using the wrong IP or a firewall (some routers do have built in firewalls and other security features) is preventing the connection. Perhaps you should also take at the port triggering section of each of your routers and set that up (it's pretty much a duplicate of port forwarding).

After failing to connect to your friends' server, take a screenshot of the console (probably easier to do this in Windowed mode; it opens automatically on all versions of Windows). Maybe it'll have something helpful there.

I'm a bit stumped though, Griftauk. Sorry. I know these networking things can be frustrating. :)