15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been working on a group assignment and been stuck with all the work?

• Yes.
    • No.

So I'm doing an assignment for college, it's supposed to be group work, I have to do 22 slides based on Object Oriented Design, all about how OOD is used in Games as-well as explain some OOD design elements.

Now, what bugs me the most is the fact that I'm meant to be doing this in a group of four people. I have done the vast majority of the slides and what little the two main slackers have done isn't even worth of a pass. 

Lesson of the day: Don't do a college project with friends. Especially if you're the hard-worker of the group.

Your post title made me think of this:

lorax.jpeg

Your lesson is good but you can end up with lazy-ass strangers on a group project too.  With your friends, at least you can annoy them with bitchy complaints and be an overall buzz kill when they are trying to have fun. Lots of opportunity to passive-aggressively punish your friends for dicking you over. It can be worse with strangers because they truly don't give a fuck, and there isn't much you can do to make them regret the error of their ways. More depressing news - these scenarios continue after college and happen at work all the time too.

My advice: In any class with group projects, try to find the Type-A nerds on day one. They usually sit near the front of the class and participate in discussions meaningfully. Just beware the idiots who just like to hear the sound of their own voice. Those nimrods can be more annoying on group projects than any lazy ass slacker. Their enthusiasm and endless streams of bad ideas wastes a shit ton of your time.

Good luck.

Good luck.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they were taking their time - I know these guys can do some briliant work, but two of the lazy fucks sat around all day during a group day and did nothing but go on IMGUR and look around, while the third just sat there and watched a bloody football match.

Archived