Addiction

IronCoffins

I wasn't to sure if it was ever going to be considered addiction as an ill effect after long term use of a substance. Right now Alcohol and Cigs, plus all the different medicines are the things that can cause addiction in the real world. But applying such things into gameplay could be fairly simple. Some effects could be lack of sleep, well if that happens, you would pass out somewhere, hopefully while not on the run against a horde.

For alcohol long term abuse has its problems, by far worse then not having a cig. This is saying you drank whiskey on a daily basis in this game, or even in the real world.

*Tremors, convulsions or uncontrolled shaking of the body*

*Profuse sweating, even in cold conditions

*Extreme agitation or anxiety

*Persistent insomnia

*Nausea or vomiting

*Seizures

*Hallucinations(I thought I saw a zombie!)

Bad part is that sudden stop of alcohol withdraw can lead to death so eases yourself off is the way to go.

Don't get me wrong with the earth turned to hell from zombies, the last thing you'de need to be is hooked on anything, but old habits die hard(Literally)

Now tobacco in general as a few to all effects that can happen from the user, each is different for each person.

*Simple or extreme Headache

*Nausea

*Constipation or diarrhea

*Falling heart rate & blood pressure

*Fatigue, drowsiness, or insomnia

*Irritability

*Anxiety

*Difficulty concentrating

When NPC's are in at some point their or your very decisions making could be influenced off of certain problems your character is facing, besides your traits. Like in Walking Dead the one dude is hell bent on finding a bottle of something just to ease his time at nights. Even if it risks his own or others life's.

Painkillers very mostly, on whats in it and all that, but for sake of argument we just have pain reliever. The effects are about similar to alcohol with some minor to other major effects. The point is if any of these substances are to cause a short-term "good" there needs to be that long term "bad" possibility. It be terrible to be fighting off hunger, your life from zombies, thirst and then addiction. Until the other moodles actually have effects it could lead your character to all sorts of problems, both mental and physical. Mood swings, and what not, would lead to a very interesting experience, especially for a NPC.

Maybe for gameplay purposes after so long of being addicted with out more of whatever it is or the right treatment you slowly loose heath or your heath only recovers so much. Though I don't really like the idea of heath being lost, it is one way to reflect it, until treatment can be met, but what kind of treatment? the 10 or 12 step program lol.