Different zombies tatics

Wilson SDS

Sorry to come here again and ask, but i have to.  :-D

Besides the use of the weapons, that its all clear for me why not using it.

I would like a answer about these tree ideas.

The use of an impact when facing a zombie that you had a sentimental bond, is also something bad to the game?

The use of a zombie that cause more impact to panic

The chance of a zombie not being finalized right (even after the splash sound), and coming again.

1. No because then its the GAME telling you who your character does and does not know. We don't want the making up our characters histories and backgrounds. (I like Rathlords Ideas actually, killing NPC's would have negative effects, I'd say especially if you were friends, not if you hated each other.)

2. That sounds fine to me because it makes more sense that some zombies are scarier looking, but more of, you turn a corner and there it is. Scarier looking zombie, fear multiplier. Not a big one either, just a tiny bit.

3. No because that is your job to keep track of, this suggestion is like saying "I smashed its brain I watched it splatter and die" then it attacks you again.

HOWEVER

I like Rathlords idea for this, he's a smart fellow.

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure zombies with different clothing, including zombies with partial amounts of body armour, are coming at some point in the far future, but it's just a slight extension to the zombies as is - Instead of finding a zombie with a handgun and a bag on their corpse, you could find a zombie wearing a torn and bloodied police uniform, while holding the aforementioned gun and bag in their inventory. More immersion and what-not.

Zombies of different speeds are already in, resulting from how 'fresh' the Zeek is - Fresh ones can move quicker, that's why you get the odd zombie that moves at close to sprinting speeds every now and then.

I do like your idea of badly decomposing zombies causing revulsion and nausea in the player though... Seems to be pretty immersive. Would give some more uses to dust-filters and gasmasks if/when they're put in at some point. Wearing a gasmask to avoid being incapacitated by the sheer stench of a particulary ripe horde might be an interesting addition to gameplay - Do you go without, and risk getting sick from the ambient rot, or retching loudly at an inappropriate moment? Or do you don a gasmask, severely reducing your stamina and limiting your vision, in the hopes of quietly sneaking past?

TL;DR - Special Zombies, noooo. The same zombies, with mild cosmetic and visual changes compared to the bulk of the horde? Sure. I'd love that axe i found on a corpse to belong to a zombie fireman :P