Steam Version - Game crashes 2-5 sec after startup

FatRat27

Question

10 answers to this question

Well I just downloaded the latest version from the site you said, and it said it worked but when I go to the device manager it looks like I have the same one, so maybe i already had the latest version of it? Anyway, i restarted my computer after i updated it with that website, and it still freezes 2-5 seconds after, thanks

EDIT: to clear things up, i have the 7/30/13 graphics from my specific manufacturer. the generic drivers for this pc will completely screw it up, so i dont want to try anything

Yea I'm having a very similar problem.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1802-another-display-driver-retreats/

I'm just wondering why this is only an issue now though. Just as you said, I've played all previous alpha versions both off and on Desura without problems. I also managed to get the very first Steam build working. Every one after that has caused this issue.

As far as I know, some optimizations were made to decrease the suddenly-bad FPS, which in-turn increased video memory, which then caused many Intel cards to throw up their hands in a rather frustrated manner and curse us profanely. But much has changed in the builds and this is a wild guess.

Generally, updating graphics cards with the most recent generic driver does seem to correct this -- or it has up to this point.