Effect on Thirst of Inventory water sources

Claije

I recently made some containers for water that hold a gallon, and quart. Specifically a 9 pound and 2.5 pound container of water with 40 and 20 drainable uses.

While testing them I noticed that after the first drink from the gallon, I pretty much never got thirsty again (I've been setting pretty for a good 4 days now) I was wondering what determines how much thirst is replenished by a water source in your inventory? If it is based on the weight of the object being drank from, then I might have to rethink using realistic weights and a large number of delta drains.

Hm, is your mod scripts-only or are you working with lua too? You could check the thirst of the char before and after drinking from your bottles. Could be a bug (just a guess) that allows negative numbers for thirst - you could then simply check when the thirst < 0 and reset it to 0 in those cases.

The items are made in script, and the lua just dispenses them throughout the world.

I'm pretty new to lua, I've used fill-in-the-blank guidelines for everything.

I'll go look up how to check variables and what not, and see.

so skimming the googs for how to check variables in lua I found "print(type())".
I figured I'd want to put that in an event, but I don't know the event triggers, so I looked at Turbotutone's reference sheet, the closest I saw to "when someone drinks" was a guess at Event.OnWaterAmountChange.

Stop me if I'm on the wrong track - but if that's right I'm just missing the name of the variable for the player's thirst, so I goog'd again and was wondering if this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2834579/print-all-local-variables-accessible-to-the-current-scope-in-lua would do me any good? I didn't see a list of variables used anywhere in the PZ files, I'm guessing it's locked somewhere deep in the javas, and I know nothing of coffee.