Have you ever been on one of those trips...

AkHolic

Where everything just goes wrong? I came home yesterday night from this really long sailing trip, where we by hand had to push our boat 40 km, it took 7-8 hours, the whole day actually, and we had to pass this small waterfall where the canoe I was on got turned around in the mayhem, and I, my freinds, and all our stuff fell off. After that I had to endure a night of screaming and trouble, because of a few stufffags, and didn't fall asleep till 2 am. The next day was just, if you can belive, about going around and exploring a damn mountain. Never going on such a trip again ever in my life. So has anyone else had any similar experinces?

EDIT: Not to mention I had to sleep on a bench as all my sleeping stuff was wet and ruined.

The worst holiday I had was in Spain ... we had a large tree in front of our hotel balcony and unfortunately every spider in a 100km radius used that tree to reproduce. So we did not only have about 20 large spiders in our room when we returned in the evening but also about 50-100 small ones all over the place and I really mean ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.

It looked like a horror movie.

The hotel crew didn't care and said that it's common for a "warm" country ... luckily around the second half of the week we were allowed to move into a different room. Then: Food poisoning.

Although not technically a holiday as my family was living there at the time but I remember coming home from boarding school in England, flying into LAX airport and being driven in a cab through Koreatown in Central Los Angeles just as the whole Rodney King LA riot shitstorm broke. I was 8 at the time. It was the most horrible thing I have EVER seen. Far worse than 911, or either Tsunami or even the Haiti Earthquake. Those were explainable even if they were horribly shitty. This wasn't. There was no rhyme or reason to any of it. It was like everyone had gone crazy and were rampaging in mobs for no other reason than to just smash shit and hurt anyone who tried to stop them. There was NO police anywhere because any time they turned up people went straight for them and the cowards were hiding. Later on, and by this point I was home in the Hollywood hills watching the events unfolding on TV, there were armed mobs of grouped-together Koreans defending their shops and businesses by getting in huge firefights with rioters. It WAS a warzone.

The worst though was when the taxi driver driving us to our house blackmailed my mother into asking for MORE cash as he didn't want to go through the area. When my mum initially refused he threatened to throw us both out in the middle of riot central. There was a building on fire and overturned cars being smashed on the street outside us. Again I WAS 8. She paid but the moron forgot that he was driving a registered cab which had been ordered in advance and she later got him fired so least we had the last laugh.

Archived