Black Screen after character creation

JustAWren

Question

Hello, I am having an issue with the game where after I finish creation a character, the screen just goes black--none of the normal text/loading stuff happens.

The music does play though.

I have connected to this server just fine before--like 2 days ago.

The only difference has been that the server switched hosts during this time.

I have restarted computer/router and reinstalled the game and disabled firewalls.

Not sure what my next steps might be.

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Beard said:

Are you able to join other servers? Does the server have any mods enabled? If it does, can you try logging in with a different username as a test?

Yes, it has mods and yes, I have tried other modded servers and the same thing happens.

Unfortunately, those logs do not seem to show any attempts of logging into other servers or with a new username into the existing server, the only issue I see is that there are some mod and character errors right after logging in.
Can you connect with a different username and to other servers to compare if the errors are the same across all these situations when the black screen happens?

So I tried a different user name to one of the servers and the same thing happened.

The owner of the server I want to play on said that this happened to someone else and a VPN fixed the issue.

I set up a VPN and am able to load into the server no problem.

The server owner is in contact with the company providing the server to see what can be done on their side about this.

Interesting.. you mentioned this same thing happens on any other servers you connect to, right? If that is the case, then the issue might actually be with your internet provider and not the servers, so you might need to contact them yourself.