Game wont load properly

WipedSik0

Question

Hello.
after some time I decided to play PZ, when I downloaded the game, launched it, it launches, then few seconds there is a black screen, then it pops back to desktop, but the game is still launched, I can hear the ingame music, and see the ingame mouse cursor, but can do anything else, cant see the game at all.
When I try to alt+tab or anything else the game crashes, shuts off and no crash log or anything..
I tried looking at the forums, tutorials, reddit, everywhere, but noone has the same issue as me.

I used to play PZ on this laptop like half a year ago, worked fine, now this..

All I could find is this log, if it helps..

hs_err_pid8220.log

10 answers to this question

This time the log shows that the game loaded correctly, it is possible a configuration change on your PC would cause the issue in that case.
So to try and fix it, I would recommend you do a full game reinstall.

First, uninstall the game, then go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and make sure there are no leftover files or folders there.

After that, go to “C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid” and delete everything there except the “Saves” folder.

Then just install the game again and see if that helps.

This time there were some extra texture errors, these can be caused by some settings being forced upon the game by the Nvidia control panel.

To check if this is the issue, right-click on your desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.

Click Manage 3D Settings.

In the upper-right corner, click Restore Defaults.

You have two ports in your screenshot, it is a common mistake for people to use the motherboard port, which would cause the issue you are experiencing, I am not stating that you are stupid.

Since the logs contain some graphics card errors, I would recommend doing a reinstall of your drivers to try and fix it, I would recommend following a DDU guide such as this one: