Will the game go into the 21st century in any way?

Nowthere27

Okay so I've been saying in one way or another that I want the time in Project Zomboid to reach the 21st century. 

Yeah I made a topic about this in suggestions (as well as elsewhere) but this seems like the best place to put it.

So anyways, I'm wondering things like if the occupations that pop up as the apocalypse rolls on if some will come about after 7 years at least which would get you to the year 2000 thus in the 21st century.

Also I'm wondering if the story will make it go to the 21st century. Like as Bob and Kate progress through the apocalypse doing various tasks to survive I wonder if they make it to at least the year 2000.

As for challenge maps there's at least one that MAY take place at least 7 years later called "Many Years Later". 

Now how long is "many years" in the challenge? That's what I want to find out explicitly. In fact, that's what I want to find out explicitly about time period in the game.

I'm hoping Indie Stone has some explicit indicators that the game will make it to the 2000s. 

Now why is this so dang important to me? Well the game takes place in 1993 and it kind of irks me because that isn't the present which is 2023 as of writing this. I relate best to the present so I'm hoping the game eventually gets there or at least to the present century. 

It'd be a fun comparison to make between the game's timeline and real life's timeline. Like in the game "We've been struggling to survive the zombie apocalypse since 1993 and now it's 2023! Thirty years of this crap!". Whereas in real life, the situation would be all, "We've been doing whatever since 1993 into 2013 and beyond!"

Maybe there's more to why I need the game to get to the present so bad but I guess I've gone on for a bit so I'll just leave what I have here for now at least.

Archived