Loot reset

chiraqtcev

Soft reset only deletes items on the floor, it does not reset loot.
The only way I can think of a map wide loot reset is deleting the "World Dictionary" files in the save folder, then loading in and having the loot respawn. Since deleting those files would delete all loot on the save and characters.

On 12/7/2023 at 6:12 AM, Beard said:

Soft reset only deletes items on the floor, it does not reset loot.
The only way I can think of a map wide loot reset is deleting the "World Dictionary" files in the save folder, then loading in and having the loot respawn. Since deleting those files would delete all loot on the save and characters.

I tried deleting just that, doesn't seem to do anything..?

On 12/8/2023 at 4:04 PM, Beard said:

There should be several files with that name in the save directory, did you delete all of them?

Deleting any of the WorldDictionaryLog.Lua or WorldDictionaryReadable.lua won't load into the game. It results to quick to desktop. Tried it on SP to be safe, not sure if MP is different?

LOG  : General     , 1702498094168> WorldDictionary: Checking dictionary...
ERROR: General     , 1702498094170> zombie.world.WorldDictionaryException: WorldDictionary data file is missing from world folder.
ERROR: General     , 1702498094170> 	at zombie.world.DictionaryData.load(DictionaryData.java:358)
ERROR: General     , 1702498094170> 	at zombie.world.WorldDictionary.init(WorldDictionary.java:204)
ERROR: General     , 1702498094170> 	at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:2450)
ERROR: General     , 1702498094170> 	at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:268)
ERROR: General     , 1702498094170> 	at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:225)
ERROR: General     , 1702498094171> 	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
LOG  : General     , 1702498094171> WorldDictionary: Warning: error occurred loading dictionary!
LOG  : General     , 1702498094171> WorldDictionary: Attempting to copy WorldDictionary backups...

On 12/14/2023 at 5:17 AM, Beard said:

MP Would be different, I would recommend making a backup of the server and then testing it there.

Hmm seems to have no effect. I removed all 3 files with WorldDictionary. No errors, just loads the world like nothing happened.

In that case, I am not sure if what you want to do is possible, due to the items being saved in the individual map.bin files. Which also contain all of the other map progress. Meaning the only way to remove them would be to wipe the map.