[Solved] Can't start debug mode (Mods are deactivated)

Hank Morlock

Hello,

i tried to start the game in debug mode for testing my first tiny modification. I followed instructions (deactivated all mods) and restarted PZ with -debug startup parameter.

While "Loading Lua" there appears 1 Error, so I can't get into debug mode to deactivate the "break on error" option.

Checking for file errors on Steam doesn't change anything. Loading into debug Mode with LShift doesn't work either.

When i remove -debug startup parameter, the game loads and doesn't show the "1 Error" while "loading lua", shortly after at the startscreen it shows 6 errors.

Any suggestions how i can get into debug mode, or get rid of that one error?

Maybe i can add another startup parameter which deactivates the "break on error" option?

Edited by Hank Morlock

function: D:\Spiele\Steam_The\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Definitions\AuthenticZ_MakeUpDefinitions.lua -- file: AuthenticZ_MakeUpDefinitions.lua line # 14 | Vanilla.
[06-12-23 17:48:57.722] LOG  : General     , 1701881337722> .
[06-12-23 17:49:23.739] LOG  : General     , 1701881363739> EXITDEBUG: RenderThread.isCloseRequested 1.

It looks like you manually installed the mod files inside the game folder? Since this file does not exist in that location normally, as it is a mod file.
To fix it, try just deleting the whole Lua folder in the path shown above, then verify your game files through Steam.

• Hank Morlock changed the title to [Solved] Can't start debug mode (Mods are deactivated)