Boats, rafts and Swimming!

Acklord

So as of right now water serves as a barrier, keeping the player inside of the “play area” and is just kind of there. However adding more systems to the water would make it much more immersive and add many features to the game.

For instance, as of right now a player can build a base on a lake, cut it off, and then zombies have no way of reaching the player. How about we balance this out by adding strong waves that can occur during storms, causing the base to break down and flood over time.

As for swimming and boats, having rafts would be an amazing form of transportation, you could also balance this out by adding waterfalls or currents that can rock the player, making him wet and cold or even knock him out of the raft. Bigger boats such as sail boats could flood and degrade over time.

Swimming should make your player unbearably cold, depending on the time and circumstances. As well as make your character extremely tired in a short time. Which will eventually lead to drowning, So for instance it could be used as a way to cross a short river but the trade off is it would get all of your gear wet, and cause certain things such as electronics and some guns to stop working or be damaged.

This is more of a stretch in terms of design and feel of the game, but for bases built on islands or pieces of land separated by water. Zombies could slowly walk across the bottom of rivers until they reach the land. Where they could be bloated and water damaged, this could be a balancing design. Or just having barely any resources on these islands would force the player to go back after a time. Or, during storms bases could get water damaged. 

I hope if anyone from The Indie Stone team read this put this into consideration. It’s a feature I’ve had in the back of my head for a while as I think it would add quite a bit to the game. Especially the end game.

IMG_2176.jpeg

IMG_2177.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

Edited by Acklord