Hi,

I have always played without any kind of problem, however since I purchased the Blue Yeti microphone about a week ago (and I also use it as an audio output device with my headphones) it happened to me that the audio inside the game exploded.

Let me explain better: after about half an hour or an hour of playing I hear a small 'pop' and then after about 2-5 minutes the audio explodes in the headphones as if it were the white sound of an old, untuned television. This "explosion" changes the volume of the game much higher and alters all other sounds.

I discovered that the sound that explodes is the music because by lowering it completely from the settings the 'white noise' disappears but I can no longer play because, as I wrote, this "explosion" alters everything else.

Do you think it could be some sort of incompatibility with the device I use? If I connect headphones to the PC's audio output I don't have any problems.

Thanks

It is possible.
Try going to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Set Launch Options > Type -novoip > Start the game
This should disable the microphone for the game, see if the issue persists after doing that to confirm that it would be an issue with the mic.

Hi,

so, I did as you suggested and initially it seemed to work as I only heard the 'pop' of interference but the sound didn't explode, but then after about an hour of playing it happened.

I was able to record the sound coming out of the headphones via my phone as an audio file. I hope you can understand.

The distorted sound you hear is music, car engine sounds and ambient sounds.

5 dic, 19.11_.aac

Hm, I did find several other post saying they have similar issues to yours such as:

Or:

https://streammentor.com/blue-yeti-loud-static/

Could you try the fixes mentioned in those posts? Since it seems like a Blue Yeti specific issue and not related to the game.
Have you also tested out if it happens while playing other games and having the Mic turned on?

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for finding this post. I tried searching on the internet but I was focused on understanding if anyone else had had the same problem with the game. I will try the various written suggestions.

Honestly no, I haven't tried other games because I was totally immersed in PZ :grin:

I'll give that try too.

Yesterday I tried to use another pair of headphones connected directly to the Blue Yeti but the problem recurred.

As always I will keep you updated in real time.

Thanks

Hi,

so, I followed a couple of tips from the post you gave me, i.e. I changed the microphone's USB port and lowered the gain and in the two days that I played the problem didn't arise, but I'm still not claiming victory. I will continue to play and test the sounds within the game, especially when using vehicles and hearing meta event sounds at the same time.

Right now, however, I feel like recommending these two measures to anyone else who has the same microphone as me and possibly the same problem as me:

• Change USB port
  • Lower the gain, even to half or slightly less

Unfortunately I don't think I will ever know why this happened, but the important thing is that for the moment it has been resolved.

Thank you again for finding that post and I really hope this helps someone else.

See you soon!