Custom zombie varities

CTPSR

Hello everyone, my first post one the forum.

Is it possible to create custom "varities" for zombies that spawn in your map that for example: wear specific type of clothes, carry certain type of loot, etc. (kind of like police and fireman zombies, but custom), or do you need to use a mod for that?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

17 hours ago, CTPSR said:

Hello everyone, my first post one the forum.

Is it possible to create custom "varities" for zombies that spawn in your map that for example: wear specific type of clothes, carry certain type of loot, etc. (kind of like police and fireman zombies, but custom), or do you need to use a mod for that?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

When you host your own server, either as an admin on your private server, or if you use a 3rd party server host (I use Indifferent Broccoli server hosting) when you log in with your server admin character, you can simply right click the screen and it will bring up a 'horde manager' option where you can spawn in zombies to the location you're at and can choose how many and what types of zombies. If you leave the type to 'none' it will simply spawn zombies that the game thinks are approriate to that location. So if i go to spawn in 50 zombies while i'm standing inside the hospital in Louisville, and leave the zombie type to 'none' it will likely spawn in 50 zombies that are a mix of patients and nurses and doctors.

What those zombies have on them is again relavant to where they are or what type they are. You can not choose what they have individually. So if you wanted 50 zombies to spawn in a hospital with AK47s and grenades, you can not. I hope that helps.

(There are also mods for controlling various spawns too)

On 11/22/2023 at 3:19 PM, Cidxgaming said:

When you host your own server, either as an admin on your private server, or if you use a 3rd party server host (I use Indifferent Broccoli server hosting) when you log in with your server admin character, you can simply right click the screen and it will bring up a 'horde manager' option where you can spawn in zombies to the location you're at and can choose how many and what types of zombies. If you leave the type to 'none' it will simply spawn zombies that the game thinks are approriate to that location. So if i go to spawn in 50 zombies while i'm standing inside the hospital in Louisville, and leave the zombie type to 'none' it will likely spawn in 50 zombies that are a mix of patients and nurses and doctors.

What those zombies have on them is again relavant to where they are or what type they are. You can not choose what they have individually. So if you wanted 50 zombies to spawn in a hospital with AK47s and grenades, you can not. I hope that helps.

(There are also mods for controlling various spawns too)

What I was thinking of since I'm making a map, that I want some certain areas that have certain zombie types that spawn. For example there are already premade zombie type zones (Army, Police, Wedding...). But my question is, can I make my own specific zombie type that I can spawn in my map mod? I know that you can make custom tiles that appear in your map, so I'm wondering if you could do the same with zombies.

My apologies if I wasn't clear with my information in my previous post.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:07 AM, CTPSR said:

What I was thinking of since I'm making a map, that I want some certain areas that have certain zombie types that spawn. For example there are already premade zombie type zones (Army, Police, Wedding...). But my question is, can I make my own specific zombie type that I can spawn in my map mod? I know that you can make custom tiles that appear in your map, so I'm wondering if you could do the same with zombies.

My apologies if I wasn't clear with my information in my previous post.

That is certainly not something I am aware of. But I am just a player/admin not a modder. You'd probably have to make a mod for it. Maybe someone else can help you.