Server side only mod that writes stats to file

ZomboidGrognard

I would like to develop a server side only mod that collects game data like player kills and writes the data to a file on the server. My plan is then to take that data and import it into discord.

I created a basic mod files and added it to the /home/container/.cache/Server/server.ini "mod=" section.

When I tried to login with a client it wouldn't allow me as I didn't have the server side mode installed. 

How would I create a server only side mod that doesn't require clients to install one?

Second question:

I would like to write player data to a file on the server.  Does anyone have any base code I could reference that would get me started with this capability?

I don't think you can have a server only mod, but you can make a mod that works on a server and does nothing client side.

My 'Daily Kill Count' (on the Steam workshop) has code for writing to a file, I borrowed some code from the Twitch Stats mod by M3ss.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2629062026&searchtext=twitch+stats

File is created in C:\Users\username\Zomboid\Lua\, I don't know if there is a way of writing to a file somewhere else.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:54 AM, Hugo Qwerty said:

a mod that works on a server and does nothing client side.

by that do you mean it only works for players who have installed the mod on their end? I don't think the mod will work if placed on the server's back end.