PLEASE HELP. Unable to use .png, .bmp, basically no files in World Editor.

BastionViktus

Hi there,

I REALLY need some help here. I'm trying to get into making mods for PZ (Base mods) and I've run into an error thats basically killed any chance of that happening. I was following this guide: 

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc7_sQ-Tb6e3siC4Cwu4JfxuqJZkGO6sy

I decided to restart, and now World editor completely refuses to recognize any of the .png or .bmp files I make, and only wants .pzw files. I've reinstalled photoshop twice, PZ Modding tools 6 times (through steam) and nothing works. I'm ready to give up modding if I can't fix this, can anyone help fix this? The error I get is as follows:

Not a map file.
Line 1, column 1.

Edited by BastionViktus

• 3 weeks later...

It's likely one of two things, first is the settings for the png files, which can be found when "saving for web" try and change the number of colors used to a lower value.

The second is that photoshop's default settings may cause blend/bleed pixels to smooth the result this will create transparent pixels that may overlap with the background crating colors that's not part of the color code indie stone uses, and that makes the image unreadable, i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you've sorted this by now, but if not, how are you trying to import you png/bmp files? If its asking for pzw files it sounds like you're trying to go into the the file tab and open them that way which won't work as that's only for opening up saved map projects.

To add your png all you need to do is create your world map with however many cells you plan to use, then drag the png directly from the folder its in onto the cell. Make sure you also have a saved '_veg' png/bmp for the map as well or it won't allow you to add the base png/bmp image

Hope this helps!