zombie populated city ambience

Anstrum

is it possible to add something similar like this to increase the atmosphere of the game when in a zombie populated city?

This ambience example has wind, crows and zombie haunting sounds but focus on the zombie sounds it would gave the game better atmosphere

I think it would greatly increase the immersion and you can listen to the screams and hauntings of the zombies from far away distance

there is already nature, birds, insect and animal ambience, why not about zombies in a zombie game 😳

thoughts??

50 minutes ago, Anstrum said:

is it possible to add something similar like this to increase the atmosphere of the game when in a zombie populated city?

This ambience example has wind, crows and zombie haunting sounds but focus on the zombie sounds it would gave the game better atmosphere

they prefer the Arab song ( ياليل ياليل الزمن  ايه الزمن)  which mean ( oh night oh night ,,,, time time) 

which it doesn't make any sense

i speak Arabic and a lot Arab players think this is really stupid weird song 

Edited by CHE

14 minutes ago, CHE said:

they prefer the Arab song ( ياليل ياليل الزمن  ايه الزمن)  which mean ( oh night oh night ,,,, time time) 

which it doesn't make any sense

i speak Arabic and a lot Arab players think this is really stupid weird song 

I just made the thread  about ambience because game has different audio settings, one for ambience and one for music. My ambience is maxxed out because I like the weather and nature sounds

you do have a good point tho, the vocal arabic music is pretty much the reason I play with music off, it just throws my immersion way off

older game like resident evil 3 nemesis has great music, its intrumental and has no vocal sounds and they are anxiety, dread, hopelessness inducing

this example of a 30 minute video is mixed with ambience but you can hear the music here alot and its more atmospheric and suitable for this kind of game where all hope is lost and you will eventually meet your doom

13 minutes ago, Anstrum said:

I just made the thread  about ambience because game has different audio settings, one for ambience and one for music. My ambience is maxxed out because I like the weather and nature sounds

you do have a good point tho, the vocal arabic music is pretty much the reason I play with music off, it just throws my immersion way off

older game like resident evil 3 nemesis has great music, its intrumental and has no vocal sounds and they are anxiety, dread, hopelessness inducing

this example of a 30 minute video is mixed with ambience but you can hear the music here alot and its more atmospheric and suitable for this kind of game where all hope is lost and you will eventually meet your doom

The sounds of resident evil 3 are great but unfortunately I can't say the same about in PZ

A big complaint I have about PZ's default music is that there is never any kind of silence or peace, no quiet moments to allow the tension to build. There's always some music, and it makes the emotional effect of the music less impactful for new players, and a little annoying for veteran players.

The new dynamic music system definitely looks like an improvement, and I've gotten some dev feedback when discussing silence in dynamic music, so we may all get our wish in some way.

There's this mod called 'calm before the storm' where all zombies migrate away and then return one day as a massive horde.

When the horde returns there's a short ambience in the distance of thousands of zombies moaning mixed with wind noises and it's terrifying.

The game used to have a ton more atmosphere back when it's was a pixel game, the music was more oppressive and the zombies had a different sound which made them all sound similar. When you had a horde all the similar moaning mixed together to create a creepy harmony of death which you could hear outside your house.

On 7/13/2023 at 3:16 PM, CHE said:

The sounds of resident evil 3 are great but unfortunately I can't say the same about in PZ

some of them are decent for vibe and okay but the vocal ones are annoying