Open doors at a distance by tying rope to door handle

Hi folks,

I think it would be great to have the ability to open doors at a distance by tying a rope to the door handle, walking several steps back from the door, and then pulling on the rope to open the door. This would be useful in situations where a zombie (or several) are piled up behind a door you're to enter through. Instead of opening the door directly next to it, and then immediately getting attacked by a rush of zombies, you could strategically give yourself some distance and time to deal with the horde storming through by opening the door several paces away by using the rope.

Thanks folks! Hope this could potentially be implemented.

• 1 month later...

Could this even work?
I mean, how would you twist the doors handle?
You would have to open the door slightly, to pull it wide open, but then, the zombies would just pour out throught the door as it's now unlocked and open.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:42 AM, Yes Lunch said:

Hi folks,

I think it would be great to have the ability to open doors at a distance by tying a rope to the door handle, walking several steps back from the door, and then pulling on the rope to open the door. This would be useful in situations where a zombie (or several) are piled up behind a door you're to enter through. Instead of opening the door directly next to it, and then immediately getting attacked by a rush of zombies, you could strategically give yourself some distance and time to deal with the horde storming through by opening the door several paces away by using the rope.

Thanks folks! Hope this could potentially be implemented.

Or how about ripping locked doors off the hinges with a rope tied to a vehicle?  =)